Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever seen or considered a door handle delete? I saw this on an older VW Golf and it looked pretty snazzy. The space behind the handles must have been filled or covered at a body shop. I'm not sure how the doors opened, probably with a remote or maybe a small button somewhere on the door...

·
Registered
318 Posts
I know a guy on TheFocusConnection.com that just got his focus done where he has no door or trunk handles. LOOKS AWESOME.

They are worked by remote on your keychain.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I like the looks (in theory), but everyone who does this needs to find a secure place on the car to hide a spare key in.
We bought this Shevy S10 with no door handles and it was a pain in the neck.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Yeah it kinda sucks if the remote goes dead. There's a picture in the gallery of a ZX3 that just got it done, it pops up on the main page once in a while.

·
Registered
793 Posts
i like the look of the shaved handles... the electronics u need costs like 200, then add the body work labor and it gets expensive...

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
PpasSFocus, where in Montreal are you from? I lived at Prince-Arthur and Lorne for a few years.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
how do u get doors open?

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
its a magnetic mechanism....

dunno the details (had the same ? a while ago [thumb])

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
thats say it's something on the remote well what happens if in the off chance the batterys die lol

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
if that happens you allways have the trunk (if you dindt shave it too) and your prayers !

lol

1 - 20 of 34 Posts