Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i am absolutely loving my new 2012 Titanium HB. There are a couple things that bother me and wondering what everyone's thoughts are on them and if they bother others/what you do to get around it.

1. There is no change dish/drawer
    Where do you put your coins?​
  2. There is no dead pedal.
    I used to drive a stick so I always have my foot up there and i don't want to wear out the carpet.​
  3. Headlights don't turn on when wipers are turned on.
    I saw a post about this already here on the forums.​
  4. Any way to unlock passenger side door/all doors with the keyless entry when you just put your hand on the handle?

·
Registered
179 Posts
The procedure to program the doors to all unlock when you touch the drivers door (or any door for that matter) is listed in the owners manual. I did it the first day I had my new car. If I'm not mistaken, I believe you simply have to press and hold down the lock/unlock buttons at the same time on the remote until you see the turn signals on the side view mirrors blink and an audible horn chirp, but don't quote me as I don't have the manual with me at the moment and that was 3-months ago.

I agree about the dead-pedal and the lack of coin tray items though, both would be very handy/welcomed in the car.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
[4]Any way to unlock passenger side door/all doors with the keyless entry when you just put your hand on the handle?
You may also slide your hand on the inside of the rear driver's side door.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The procedure to program the doors to all unlock when you touch the drivers door (or any door for that matter) is listed in the owners manual. I did it the first day I had my new car. If I'm not mistaken, I believe you simply have to press and hold down the lock/unlock buttons at the same time on the remote until you see the turn signals on the side view mirrors blink and an audible horn chirp, but don't quote me as I don't have the manual with me at the moment and that was 3-months ago.
I didn't mean with the remote. I meant simply with the keys in your pocket and grabbing the handle.

PratoN ~ I understand I can do that but the problem is it is usually me getting in the driver side and my gf getting in the passenger side. It would be nice if it could be programed so that all doors open when you use your hand on the handle, not just the door you are at.

·
Registered
55 Posts
The no dead pedal really annoyed me too, i am getting the Husky Liner soon which covers the dead pedal and will protect the carpet for me.

·
Registered
266 Posts
The SE's have a little "dish". I think it is suppose to be use for change. I have yet to find any other reasonable use for it. But it really isn't worth it because where the heated seat controls are and the power port it is only a matter of time before we develop carpal tunnel.

I love the SEL interior. I wish they could have just stick with one set-up in the states

·
Registered
179 Posts
I didn't mean with the remote. I meant simply with the keys in your pocket and grabbing the handle.

PratoN ~ I understand I can do that but the problem is it is usually me getting in the driver side and my gf getting in the passenger side. It would be nice if it could be programed so that all doors open when you use your hand on the handle, not just the door you are at.
That is exactly what I posted! You have to use your remote, initially to "program" the car to have the doors open just by touching the handle. Just follow the procedure I mentioned and you will be able to unlock all the doors as you want it to do and keep your remote in your pocket.

·
Registered
73 Posts
The SEL in Canada has a little spot for coins inside the centre armrest console. Not ideal if you throw a lot of stuff in there but better than nothing I guess. Not sure if this is different from the US model (we can also have a 5 speed manual with our SEL which I understand is not the case in the US).

·
Registered
747 Posts
I do miss the change tray. I keep throwing change in the armrest compartment and so far nothing has flew down the SD card slot. *fingers crossed for the future*

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
I do miss the change tray. I keep throwing change in the armrest compartment and so far nothing has flew down the SD card slot. *fingers crossed for the future*
Tape it? Or better yet - toss an SD card in there.

·
Registered
573 Posts
So i am absolutely loving my new 2012 Titanium HB. There are a couple things that bother me and wondering what everyone's thoughts are on them and if they bother others/what you do to get around it.

1. There is no change dish/drawer
    Where do you put your coins?​
  2. There is no dead pedal.
    I used to drive a stick so I always have my foot up there and i don't want to wear out the carpet.​
  3. Headlights don't turn on when wipers are turned on.
    I saw a post about this already here on the forums.​
  4. Any way to unlock passenger side door/all doors with the keyless entry when you just put your hand on the handle?
1. Cashtray from Ford or Spring Loaded Coin Holder (Bell) from KMart
2. Get a full coverage all-weather mat, keep foot on floor, or trust carpet
3. Headlights turn on when wipers are on. Dont turn on intermittently with the intermittent rain sensing, but will stay on from regular mode to rain sensing if it keeps raining.
4. Reprogram remote/drivers door to open all at once, or grab rear door handle on YOUR side (my preferred method since 90% of the time its just me and I dont want all 4 doors unlocking).

·
Registered
123 Posts
In intermittent and/or rain sensing mode or at all?
The only time my lights turn on are when they are set to Auto and it is dark out or I have them set to On. The wiper-headlights setting seems to have no function when the wipers are turned on at any speed. [:(]

·
Registered
573 Posts
The only time my lights turn on are when they are set to Auto and it is dark out or I have them set to On. The wiper-headlights setting seems to have no function when the wipers are turned on at any speed. [:(]
Wiper-headlights setting is on, wipers are on medium or high, headlights are on Auto... and nothing?

Sounds like a problem. With those settings, my lights come on.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Wiper-headlights setting is on, wipers are on medium or high, headlights are on Auto... and nothing?

Sounds like a problem. With those settings, my lights come on.
Yeah, unless I'm misinterpreting what the Rain Light function does. When it is checked (in Settings > Lighting), lights set to Auto, and wipers on intermittent, low, or high, the lights don't turn on.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Lights/wipers not for me. i like to leave wipers off a lot in the rain. I use Rain X and ithe rain just runs off. Only if on freeway and a lot of sprayback from others do i turn the wipers on.
That little pocket on the side of the SE console must be a cell phone spot. all i can figure? it is angled, and useful for nothing i own. Right now i have a pile Of CD-Rs in it.
Have to agree whomever made the interior did not bother to add all sorts of useful bits.
And the boxes the console and central area are just tons of wasted space. So is the glovebox. It has big thick hinges, and a ton of wasted space side to side.
The cupholders are no great shakes either, but better than the ones on my Contour SVT were.
The big plus are the steering wheel stuff. All good. My only not like on the sterring wheel is the shiny trim, sunlight and that combine to make it hard to see the speedo.
I plan on getting the scan device, and then I will have a digital full time speedo readout, with the instant MPG right up in my view..

·
Registered
138 Posts
I also have an SE, and my lights turn on automatically when I turn on the wipers. It takes a couple swipes of the wipers, but they come on after a few seconds. As already mentioned, they do NOT turn on automatically when the wipers are set to intermittent.

·
Registered
123 Posts
It takes a couple swipes of the wipers, but they come on after a few seconds
Hmm, maybe I've been too impatient. I'll try letting them run for a bit tomorrow.

Update: Yup, I was just too impatient, after 5 or 6 seconds the lights came on.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts