Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2010 S.E -automatic transmission...
When turn key all lights and normal things that happen r good but go to start and nothing, no sound no clicking nothing. Have replaced batt, batt terminals and its still same. Batt good. Had looked at today by a friend of a friend mechanic. He said he test other things starter, fuses, relays..basic 1st step stuff. He now thinks is ecu...My main question is this car has been doing this for a few months off and on. Crank right up and drive it park it turn off and the same problem I described but after a few triesbit would start. It got worse and worse to the point of if I turn it off it would take hours after sitting then get in a boom starts. Now it just won't crank at all no matter how long it has set. Can a ecu problem go in and out like that or is it just something that goes out and that's it. As alot of people don't have $ to waste and how can I test the ecu myself? Any help is greatly appreciated.. Thanks

·
Registered
2006 ZX5 2.0, 2004 ZX3 SVT EE. 2004 ZX3 SVT
1,918 Posts
Shifter interlock switch. Try pushing the shifter forward.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
2010 S.E -automatic transmission...
When turn key all lights and normal things that happen r good but go to start and nothing, no sound no clicking nothing.
When you put the key in the ignition and turn it to RUN (not start) does the blinking anti-theft light in the dash go from flashing, to on for 3 seconds, and then off?

Paul

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You can also try starting in neutral.
Try
When you put the key in the ignition and turn it to RUN (not start) does the blinking anti-theft light in the dash go from flashing, to on for 3 seconds, and then off?

Paul
Thanks guys. Got fixed yesterday and it turned out that the ignition switch was bad and actually had a factory recall on those switches. It is a non NHTSA recall I believe. So I bypassed the ignition in favor or a push-button-eesh temp fix until I can get the money to just replace the whole igintion It seem keys getting stuck in the ignition also has been a problem with some years also.

·
Registered
2006 ZX5 2.0, 2004 ZX3 SVT EE. 2004 ZX3 SVT
1,918 Posts
Try
Thanks guys. Got fixed yesterday and it turned out that the ignition switch was bad and actually had a factory recall on those switches. It is a non NHTSA recall I believe. So I bypassed the ignition in favor or a push-button-eesh temp fix until I can get the money to just replace the whole igintion It seem keys getting stuck in the ignition also has been a problem with some years also.
Glad you fixed it. Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts