Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I installed a new wideband, and while I was in the engine bay, I tore out some old wiring that I had setup for boost controller that I never got around to installing. I drove around town or the rest of the day, and couldnt start the car after one of my last stops. I got some help and we push started my car so that I could atleast get it home. When I got to the parts stoe I noticed my mainengine ground wire was disconnected, and so was my oil pressure switch.

The car does not start. No Crank no nothing!

I replace the main ground and repaired the oil ps switch wiring....and still
NO Crank no nothing!!

I tested the started, and the starter check out fine multiple ties. Go back home and same thing.
However I did notice on the starter's smal wire (10mm) the nut kept spinning but it didnt tighten all the way.

I need help asap please! Someone throw some suggestions pls[ffrocks]

·
DTC P0606
3,364 Posts
Questions for you:
1. Does the rest of the car's electrical system work? For example, do you have lights, horn, wipers? In other words, is your battery sufficiently charged and properly connected?
2. During an attempted engine start, what's your PATS dashboard light doing? It should not be flashing rapidly; it should be out.
3. You've checked all the appropriate fuses, right? Look in your owner's manual for fuse locations for anything related to ignition, starter, main power, etc.
4. Recheck your engine ground strap. It must be clean, corrosion free and tight.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply!
The next day, I decided to bypass the clutch switch with a wire, and she started right up. The switch was apparently wet from a leaking clutch master cylinder.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts