Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I drive a 02 Focus SVT and earlier today the clutch decides to stop working. It won't go into gear at all and there's no pressure on the pedal. The only time it does go into gear is when the car is off. When I went and tried bleeding the slave cylinder no fluids came out at all. I just replaced the entire clutch set (including the flywheel) back in April. There are no fluids on the ground or on the clutch pedal. I got the clutch set from LUK so it's an OEM clutch set.

·
DTC P0606
3,364 Posts
Fluid level in the reservoir still the same?
I've seen seals within a master cylinder fail before with no fluid loss (just fluid bypassing the internal seals) but it's extremely rare and usually pumping the pedal will build up some sort of pressure.
If slave cylinder is leaking, it may take a while for any fluid to show up at the bottom of the bell housing.(Clutch disc dust soaks it up.)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From what I can see it's starting to look like that. We disconnected the hydraulic line and someone put a thumb over the little hole and I pumped the pedal once and I had pressure but as soon as I press it again that pressure is gone. That and no fluid or air is coming out of the bleed valve like it did when the slave cylinder went out 5 months ago

1 - 3 of 3 Posts