Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i looked around for a while trying to piece together an idea of how to go about lowering my car but still not 100% sure so any help is greatly appreciated. I dont know anything about this stuff

I want to lower my 2002 SVTF 1.5"-2". What would be the a) Best way to do this for ride quality and performance? b) cost? and c) simplest way of doing this? I was reading some threads where guys only replaced springs and screwed up their shocks and stuff but those were all ZX3's. obviously i will put extra money in for new shocks if need be but with the SVT suspension is it necessary? And lastly on a 1.5"-2" drop do i need to worry about tire rub or the tires hitting the fender if i turn the wheels. I have 17"s on the car so i dont know if that would effect that.

Also if anyone has photos of their car with this kind of a drop on it i would love to see them to get an idea of what it will look like in th end.

Thanks a lot, Tomas[cheers]

·
FoFo Lover.
2,884 Posts
well what is your budget?

you can get a great setup for like $500....

or a crazy awesome setup for like $1200.

I have eibach dampers with revolution springs.... 2" drop that i paid $300 for.

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
I have the eibach pro kit, basically the saleen/eibach kit that came on the saleen foci. Its a nice setup and fairly inexpensive. Seeing that you already have an SVT I like a 2" drop might be a bit extreme.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well what is your budget?

you can get a great setup for like $500....

or a crazy awesome setup for like $1200.

I have eibach dampers with revolution springs.... 2" drop that i paid $300 for.
$500 would be right around the most i would want to spend. Like you only paid $300 is there any down sides to what you have? and would a cheaper lowering kit be worse performance wise than the SVT suspension i already have?

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
One other though would be to get the Ford Racing kit contact Mike aka b16sir1991 at hillbish ford!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the eibach pro kit, basically the saleen/eibach kit that came on the saleen foci. Its a nice setup and fairly inexpensive. Seeing that you already have an SVT I like a 2" drop might be a bit extreme.
Yea i dont know 2 might be a bit much. I think i am leaning more towards a 1.5" drop

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
In general, the lower you go the more the spring rates will increase. You will need firmer shocks to control firmer springs and as a result ride quality will begin to seriously degrade. Most of the 1.5 inch spring/shock kits maintain decent ride quality as well as improve handling performance. The Eibach Pro System is well liked by both the SVT and ZX crowd for these reasons. The Ford racing kit is making big inroads (price is right) but a lot of us would really like to know the spring rates used on that setup.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Most of the 1.5 inch spring/shock kits maintain decent ride quality as well as improve handling performance. The Eibach Pro System is well liked by both the SVT and ZX crowd for these reasons.
Whats the price tag on the Eibach?

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
Do a little searching at CFM for that kit, I bought mine back when it was on sale for 500 bucks, came with dampers, springs, sway bars, and bushings.

Gennerally when a kit would drop a non-svt 1.5", it will drop the SVT about 1" since the SVT already sits a little lower.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
CFM? sorry i dunno what that is
CFM is one of the approved FF vendors (Central Florida Motorsports). You'll find that the prices for the Eibach Pro System range from about $475.00 to $525.00. Like anything else it varies from dealer to dealer on any given day. Start with the approved vendors list and then do some searching as there's lots of places that sell Eibach parts. I'm guessing you should be able to catch some sales in the near future.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
If you can still find it, then the roush 2 is a nice setup!

·
Registered
459 Posts
egbertnr- You suggested he try the SVT suspension kit to lower his SVT. Does he not already have that exact suspension on his car? So he would only be replacing his suspension with the exact same parts? Or is there something I'm missing here? All the stuff I've read says that kit lowers a NON SVT 1/2 inch. So it wouldn't lower an SVT at all, seeing how it already has it!

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
^^^You are correct. He probably just didn't see that he had an SVT. Although replacing the worn out SVT shocks with new ones would probably yeild some nice improvements.

I have heard tons of great stuff about the Eibach pro-kit.

·
FoFo Lover.
2,884 Posts
the kit i have I pieced together from the for sale section here on FF. It was a great deal.

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
egbertnr- You suggested he try the SVT suspension kit to lower his SVT. Does he not already have that exact suspension on his car? So he would only be replacing his suspension with the exact same parts? Or is there something I'm missing here? All the stuff I've read says that kit lowers a NON SVT 1/2 inch. So it wouldn't lower an SVT at all, seeing how it already has it!
Yeah I said that and then realized what he had and had a DOH moment. I should have edited but no worries I guess I retract my previous statement! LOL

Anyway I got my Eibach Pro kit installed today and so far so good. It has to settle to show how much it will be lowered but I will see if I Can't get some pics for you guys in the next couple of days for you to see how it looks.

The only issue was the passenger rear lower control arm was a PITA, the bolt siezed to the bushing going thru the rubber grommet, we had to cut the bolt and since FOrd does not sell the bushing I had to buy a new complete control arm. THat sucked but its a nice pretty part now!

So anyway remind me and I will get some pic up in the coming week.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts