Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to make my focus bounce but i have no clue what to do and i cant really do too much wiring and stuff on my own i mostly just dont want to take on the task I have about 500 what do you guys recommend i currently have the blaupunkt audio

·
MW2 NE1?
1,612 Posts
hifonics are good. a friend let me borrow his 2ch. 600W RMS hifonics zeus amplifier. he gave me 2 different types of kicker subs, well same but one is a DVC 4ohm w 400WRMS and the other is the same but 4 ohm sub. so they are both hooked up at 2 different ohms in each channel one hitting harder than the other. but with 5 bills you can get a Hifonics brutus amp. its a mono. 1200W RMS power amp, just gonna need to get yourself to subs. i have only had 2 12" audiobahn 400W rms subs. and right now the ones i got are 12" kicker cvr subs. even though they are each hooked up at 2 different ohms they are still louder than the audiobahns. audiobahn is somewhat decent if you dont want to spend some money. hifons. kicker, mtx are some good brands to look for and are well within your price range.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
I would start out with a new stereo. That will change everything around. Then go with two sets of good 5x7's like polk or infinity. Power those with a good 4-channel amp. And if you have money after that, get one 12 or two tens and power those with the proper amount of watts.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i'm going to be listing a whole auydio package from www.theloudest.com which i have lying around nbrand new..

it's a 3000W/1000RMS Subwoofer + Matched + Tuned enclosure + 2000W 6x9 rear speakers + wiring kit + 3000w amp so pretty much a whole system barring the components and head unit, also have a load of eDEAD sound deadening and a power cap if required. I will be listing this in the Buy / Sell section when I can access it :D

·
Registered
72 Posts
I've been running a 4 ch amp with 2 channels powering my front speakers, 2 channels bridged powering a sub, and the stock HU powering my rear speakers for fill. I like the setup for the simplicity, just 1 amp, just 1 sub, total stock appearance. Buying 1 decent sub and making a good enclosure beats buying multiple crappy subs and buying a premade enclosure any day of the week.

Check the Marketplace postings for car audio on this website. I'm currently selling a rockford fosgate p8004 4 channel amp for $205 shipped. Its rated at 100W x 4 rms, 400W x 2 rms bridged. The amp is CEA compliant and the birthsheet shows that the actual power output is above advertised output (actually about 163W per channel at 14.4 V and 4 ohms). I'm also selling a set of alpine spr 57c 5x7's for about $75. If you bought both, I'd give them to you for $270 shipped.

You could run 100W per channel to the front speakers and bridge the last 2 channels for a sub at 400W (more than enough in my opinion). Elemental designs sells the e3.12 dual 2 ohm sub for $100 shipped. I bet if you spent $30-$40 building a nice sealed enclosure for the sub and ran 400W to it, it would hit pretty dang hard, and sound good as well. Otherwise you could buy multiple DVC subs get creative.

You could also run all of this off your stock CD player by buying a line output converter (LOC) for $20 or so. This will allow you to keep your stock appearance and keep the thieves away. You'll also have have a system to bump while your saving for a new HU if you ultimately decide to do so. I did this for 4 years and was happy with it.

Total cost would be:
LOC+Amp+Speakers+1 Sub+Enclosure = $420 to $430

That'll leave you $70 to $80 for a wiring kit.

Hope this helps. PM me if your interested in anything i'm selling.

·
Registered
72 Posts
BTW,

The "How To" sections on this forum are great and the people here will guide you through the wiring. I know they helped me a bunch when I decided to install gear in my car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts