On / off heated seats
On / off cooled seats
Raise / Lower driver seat
Forward / Back driver seat
Wash windshield
Wipers on / Wipers off
Wash hatch glass
Wipers on hatch glass / wipers off hatch glass

Cue the kids, friends trolling the SYNC system when you press the sync button...

Honestly bad idea... manual controls work just right,,, and sync might not even recognize your commands. ex: SAY COMMAND...WIPER ON.... DID YOU ASK FOR OPEN WINDOWS? NO ... REPEAT AGAIN..WIPER ON.... *crash* couldn't see while raining.....

Think about it [grinking]

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
Despite SYNC in particular not being proven vulnerable yet, every item you cross connect to such a system is subject to hacking and remote control by others.

It's been proven already for other brands/models, and the best defense is NOT to make direct connections to anything you don't want to be vulnerable.

When the internal network can operate anything, and that network is cross connected to a communications one - all those functions are vulnerable.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I honestly hope they never get rid of the three knob setup for HVAC which is pretty much identical in so many cars it's probably considered a standard.
Nothing beats them if you need to change something while driving.
At least for now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've used voice-controlled climate and it is amazing. Looking down to adjust knobs while driving can be just as fatal as texting. I would recommend it for everyone

·
Focus Preacher
3,408 Posts
I've used voice-controlled climate and it is amazing. Looking down to adjust knobs while driving can be just as fatal as texting. I would recommend it for everyone
The world has been doing just fine with regular buttons on cars since 1908

#THXBUTNOTHX

·
Registered
49 Posts
on the focus sync 3 supplement owners manual there are various areas that say "(if equipped)". Just because the manual lists all the available options for sync 3 doesnt mean every vehicle will have access or will have that feature available. sync 3 is not equipped for climate control via touch screen on 2016 focus.
My father in laws 2016 f250 does have that feature via sync 3.

Hope this helps you out.

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
The world has been doing just fine with regular buttons on cars since 1908

#THXBUTNOTHX
Spot on, it's called familiarization with the vehicle.

Touch screen is the hazard, need to see it to use it. Knobs & buttons can be done by feel even in the dark once you know them.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts