Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, list of things not working on 03' SVT:

- flashers
- turn signals (no green lights on dash or clicking noise)
- left and right brake lights (top center works)
- speedometer
- front dome light
- rear dome light
- cruise control

What switches I've tested so far with no luck:

- brake pedal sensor switch
- flasher switch
- turn signal switch

Any suggestions or ideas? I'm wonder in the group of wires going into my fuse box is bad? Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I read about the hatch wires breaking so I decided to check mine and I def have some exposed copper. I'm going to clean this up and see if it helps with any of the issues. Thanks everyone for your help I love keeping a thread open by myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't think anyone cares at this point, but maybe I'll save some fool like me the trouble and report back with updates. No changes after fixing hatch wires. Running out of ideas and energy!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I don't think anyone cares at this point, but maybe I'll save some fool like me the trouble and report back with updates. No changes after fixing hatch wires. Running out of ideas and energy!
Have you ever considered that maybe just maybe we don't have an answer for you? So don't sit and lay guilt trips on us because we're not responding.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
If your hatch wires are bare, cracked, shorted.
Then a proper repair is in order
Use leaded electronic solder with shrink tubing and all the repairs have to be on either side of the umbilical.

While it would be nice to use all large wires, after all I think there are three different sizes of wires in that umbilical, there may not be enough room. It would be nice to to get a harness from some junkyard and then at least the color code stays the same.

When facing multiple problems fix the easiest first

At this point you need a Ford wiring manual. Use Ebay

For 2001, A Ford Wiring manual can be had for less than $10.00 including shipping for your 2003 same thing can be had for less than $20.00 including shipping

A good repair on the hatch wiring might restore your brake lights and might restore your cruise control.

Then work on your dome lights next. Hmmm seem to remember one or two relays for that perhaps the GEM module might be shot, this is why a Ford Wiring manual is a must

·
DTC P0606
3,364 Posts
Don't forget to test relays as well. The "battery saver" relay is involved in some of the circuits you've listed. Try swapping with a known good relay and/or cleaning the connectors. Remove and reseat the relay.
The function of the battery saver relay is to cut power to certain electrical devices - such as interior lights - once the ignition is off for a prolonged period.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Tested relays, including battery saver relay. Adding to the list of things not working:

- Power mirrors (driver and pass. side)
- door locks

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Found the issue someone had unplugged a harness from the central lock module located on under the glove box. I'm guessing they unplugged it due to the fact they crossed a wire up trying to solve another problem causing the front right turn signal to stay on.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts