Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, alright heres my problem. I have a 2.0 Zetec with a JR supercharger. lately my car has been running very crappy and I have pretty much zero throttle response. When I race If I don't smoke my tires almost up to 6000 then the car is slow through 1rst. Also in second the car is slow in acceleration up to 3,500 then it rockets from there on up as if it received a shot of nitrous. After racing for awhile the car runs worse, but If its cooler outside then it begins to run awsome. I understand that the heat might be causeing early detonation. Does anyone have a opinion on as to what I should do. I have been thinking about putting a intercooler and CO2 soleniod on it to get super cool air into my engine, but don't want to spend the money if It wont help. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Hmm... when did this start happening?
If you were det. or Pinging the engine, you would hear it...
It isn't a pleasant sound.

I am thinking it's something like heat-soak or something.
Don't worry about the intercooler and CO2 spray until you get this sorted out.

I'd probably suggest taking it to a dyno and checking the a/f ratio.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, no pinging. I agree I think the intercooler will do it good. A/F never thought about that I will check it out thanks.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Tune it! alittle time on teh dyno is NEVER wasted, so i'd try that first...

·
Registered
11,161 Posts
Sounds like you need a good tuning session.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
the car ran okay before with JRSC, and now has a problem? If so, check your TPS, you might have a bad spot in it. If that checks out ok, clean the MAF.

If it never ran right after installing the JRSC, the definately tune it.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
check to make sure that you don't have any intake leaks, makes sure all the connections are good (vaccum lines) if they all check out then you'll need to hook it up to a scanner and see what's going on, a tune would hurt either.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts