Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 2000 ZX3 and it has no armrest? It feels weird driving with no armrest, i need someplace to put my right elbow!!! Any place I can buy one?

·
Registered
176 Posts
The SVT's and newer ST's and SES's come with armrests. You should be able to order one from the dealer or try focussalvage.com.

Just a warning, though, if you have a manual, don't bother. The armrest will only result in a constantly bruised elbow.

·
☼
7,494 Posts
Quick question about mine.. the circle things on the sides of the console have come loose, so the arm rest can wiggle freely left and right.. I've tried pushing them together, no luck.. what else can I do?

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Watch the buy and sell section here too. Unlucky for you I just sold mine.
Couldn't stand it, it was like they went out of their way to design it so that it was in the way both up and down. OTOH some people love them.

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,105 Posts
Mastodon said:
Just a warning, though, if you have a manual, don't bother. The armrest will only result in a constantly bruised elbow.
I have never had the problem and never had bruised elbows. I also drive a 2003 SE MTX. Maybe its my shifting style, but it's never been in my way or caused a problem. I really enjoy it especially cruisin down the highway.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
No svt ever came with an armrest, sorry. The problem is you will need an console made for the armrest. Focus Salvage will have one im sure.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I can't speak for the non-euro SVTs but the Recaros hold you so firmly, there's no point in having an armrest. '

Besides that "leaning" thing just looks wrong, getting behind someone whose listing at a 30 degrees kinda says "I'm too bored or too involved in my phone call to pay attention to my driving."

·
Registered
176 Posts
b16sir1991 said:
No svt ever came with an armrest, sorry. The problem is you will need an console made for the armrest. Focus Salvage will have one im sure.
Yep, I was wrong. Apparently the SVT's have the same console as the S trim ZX3's - the two cupholders in place of the armrest. Guess the SVT guys realized that thing was a bitch.

Here is an ST center console for sale:

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=90289

I believe it should fit, every picture of a pre-05 I've seen the console looks identical. And you can always wire up a power point in place of the traction control button.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
My ZTS came with one it was a manual licked it soo much it accidently fell out and fell into my ZX3

·
Registered
316 Posts
I have a manual, and an armrest and it doesnt bother me at all.. im glad to have....i can shift without lifting my arm off the rest...

but i am over 6'4" and have long arms ;)

you people are tiny!

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
elliottcarlose said:
My ZTS came with one it was a manual licked it soo much it accidently fell out and fell into my ZX3
wow...STOP LICKING YOUR ARMREST! YOU DON'T KNOW WHERE THAT THING'S BEEN!

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
but it tastes so good said I loved it

·
Registered
705 Posts
faulkton said:
I have a manual, and an armrest and it doesnt bother me at all.. im glad to have....i can shift without lifting my arm off the rest...

but i am over 6'4" and have long arms ;)

you people are tiny!
Same thing applies to me, except i'm only 6'0". At first I didn't like it, but now I wouldn't know what to do without it.

·
Registered
170 Posts
i have an 02 zx3 with an armrest, i actually put it up because it gets in the way, you should consider yourself lucky to not have one, all it is is a shifting impedement

·
Registered
176 Posts
noshownogo said:
i have an 02 zx3 with an armrest, i actually put it up because it gets in the way, you should consider yourself lucky to not have one, all it is is a shifting impedement
Agreed. I can manage with the armrest down if I lift my arm up in a really awkward way and I'm 5'11". I only bang my elbow when it's up if I'm shifting hard. If it were about 4"-6" lower it'd be perfect. If you've got an auto, though, I guess it wouldn't be a problem and would give you a nice place to rest your arm.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts