Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys AC stopped working... the AC light doesn't turn on, the blower doesn't turn on at all no matter which setting I put it on.... I already replaced the resistor pack next to the blower behind the glove box... any idea what it could be?

thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yep... all fuses are good... I checked the relay also under the hood by switching out with matching relay...

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Well, the fan should work without the A/C turned on, but the A/C won't turn on unless the fan is running. Si at this point it sounds like you have a Fan problem, not an A/C problem.

Two likely suspects are the blower motor and the blower motor switch.

If one can reach the terminals in the connector of the blower resistor, one could use a multimeter to see if the blower switch is sending voltage to the resistor. If it is, then it looks like the blower motor might be shot.

If you are not getting voltage from the blower switch, then it is time to get access to the blower switch and test it. If you have power going to the switch, but none coming out, that's the answer. If you do not have power going to the switch, you have to trace the circuit back further to see where the power/voltage is stopped.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts