Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to smog the ZX5 and smog shop had to hookup a exterior 12vdc source. Any fix's?? No cig lighter voltage or front lower running lights? Are they related? Have not molested any wiring in this car YET Fuses test good.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Is this car new to you? Does it have an aftermarket radio? Has the socket worked in the past?
If nobody chimes in soon, I can dig out my Ford Shop Manual Wiring Diagrams when I get a chance.

·
Registered
15,427 Posts
It can easily be the shop and the connector they use, they use them so much they commonly break wires inside or wear out or bend up the connectors. Here in Texas they complain about not being able to hookup 5 minutes after I just did. They tend to get plenty pissed too when I point out that the shop diagnostic connector with 5 pounds of electrical tape wrapped around it is the issue.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have owned the car for about 10,000 miles. From reading these post answers, I will not worry about the diag port as it is resolved every 2 years with a smog shop supplying power. As for the cig lighter I still have a 11 meter CB just for the old days and was bummered when the lighter didn't work No big deal. Lastly the front lower lights are a bother in thatI like all the running lights to work and will keep on this till I figure it out. Anyone have a wiring /tech manual?
Thanks to all for replys

·
Registered
945 Posts
Went to smog the ZX5 and smog shop had to hookup a exterior 12vdc source. Any fix's?? No cig lighter voltage or front lower running lights? Are they related? Have not molested any wiring in this car YET Fuses test good.
When you say 'front lower running lights' which one EXACTLY are you refering too? Fog lights?

Paul

·
Registered
945 Posts
Power outlet / cig lighter - F47 (15A)
Data link connector power (pin 16) - F48 (10A)
Fog lights - F44 (20A)

Paul

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks to all !!
Extra hugs for Pauls help
Will verify incoming 12vdc with out fuses
reinstall and verify other side (outgoing) 12vdc on all fuse location

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK have replaced the fuses. Found 47 and 48 blown. Including the #50 heated mirrors missing (did know I had them). Fuse to front fog lights has 12vdc in and out F44 but no voltage to the bulb at the bulb or socket that plugs in. is there a relay that I missed? will not know about the diag port till next smog. We didn't smoke so I was lazy and didn t plug in a lighter (IF I still have it).

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Replaced the R13 relay, turned on head lights, no fog lights I can slowly pull the relay and you can hear it click. Going to need the wiring from the fog lights connecters to the engine compartment relay box I think. I will check for 12vdc at the plug using a different ground source.

·
Registered
945 Posts
OK have replaced the fuses. Found 47 and 48 blown. Including the #50 heated mirrors missing (did know I had them). Fuse to front fog lights has 12vdc in and out F44 but no voltage to the bulb at the bulb or socket that plugs in. is there a relay that I missed? will not know about the diag port till next smog. We didn't smoke so I was lazy and didn t plug in a lighter (IF I still have it).
No heated mirrors from the factory on non-SVT Focus in 2002 - even though the fuse box has a spot for the fuse (F50). The mirros do not have heating elements and there is probably no wiring to them for that function.

Paul

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks to all Due to the massive smoke problem from up in the hills I will be waitn for a few days!! ill check for 12vdc and use a different ground. Then if needed ill back track the power from the flog light relay. Wonder what the F50 fuse does as it has the spades and wires?

·
Registered
945 Posts
Thanks to all Due to the massive smoke problem from up in the hills I will be waitn for a few days!! ill check for 12vdc and use a different ground. Then if needed ill back track the power from the flog light relay. Wonder what the F50 fuse does as it has the spades and wires?
The fuse contacts in the CJB are soldered into a set of printed circuit boards - there are no 'wires' connected directly to them. The wiring in/out of the CJB is via connectors on the back of the assembly. I am willing to bet that on your 2002 the connector that is for F50 (C15-4) is unwired like it was on my 2002.

Paul

·
Registered
148 Posts
I believe it is for heated mirror/heated backlite indicator.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts