Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it bad to run nos thrue a basically stock SPI with only an aftermarket intake and exhaust? How much shot can you go. And what does nos exactly feel like??
Thanks
FM89'

·
Capt. Urn
5,491 Posts
from what i have read, the motor should be able to stand up to a 50 shot. 75 has been done, but generally isnt recommended. 100 shot has also been done, and the motor was not at all happy about that.

if you do go with the nitrous, i am sure it will probalby shorten the life of your little spi (and your clutch)

about how it feels? i wouldnt know, never tried it.... but bet its a kick in the pants.

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
nitrious feels like getting rear ended

·
Registered
118 Posts
hey run it dude i am i got a 50 shot a wet shot from zex and on a stock motor and clutch no problems just changed my plugs and wires thats it

·
Registered
818 Posts
Well, the stock "motor" can handle about a 150 shot, but the stock engine managment can only handle about a 50 shot.

·
Registered
11 Posts
so,it would be worth spending 600 bucks(cause thats how much the nitrous bottle and everything costs here at oriely auto parts in bville texas)on 50 more horses?plus install prices?
all i would have to dois purchase it install it and thats it?? no other mods?

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
Get a nitrous tune from either Wayne at hypnotic illusions or Randy at FS, I have seen a thread on here where a guy was running N20 and it blew a hole right through one of his valves b/c it was untuned. Nitrous creats hot spots and it will keep hitting that spot and make it weaker and weaker untill it breaks.

I think the SPI will hold up to it fine and if you run a tune with it I cant see damage happening from it any time soon.

·
Registered
818 Posts
spifromspi said:
so,it would be worth spending 600 bucks(cause thats how much the nitrous bottle and everything costs here at oriely auto parts in bville texas)on 50 more horses?plus install prices?
all i would have to dois purchase it install it and thats it?? no other mods?
Yeah it's worth it. If you spent $600 on all the normal bolt on crap you'd only gain like 9whp.

You'll be fine with a 50 wetshot, just get some copper plugs that are a least one step colder, and run at least 91-92 octane gas.
Then if you want to run more then that, or want to run crappy gas you'll need some tuning.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts