Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
it depends on several things. are you running a boost a pump? have you done a compression test recently to see how the motor is doing? are you going to get it tuned or are you going to try to do without? it is really hard to say how much nitrous your build could take but it will most likely be limited simply by how much fuel your fuel pump can put out. i also assume you are running a vortech supercharger based on your name so correct me if im wrong.

stock engine can take about 125 shot but that is kind of pushing it. i only ran that much a few times and have since limited it to 100.

a built engine can take pretty much as much as you can throw at it so long as you have enough fuel going in with it to keep the engine from leaning out.

keep in mind tho that the bigger the shot of nitrous you run then the more likely it is that you will pop something. nitrous is easy to use in small amounts but it gets alot more temperamental and alot less forgiving with larger amounts. any small thing that stops working properly can have some pretty big negative results.

·
Hmmmmm
3,706 Posts
all boost no juice... keep the vortech and build it bigger :)

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
why remove the supercharger? you can piggyback less nitrous on top of the supercharger to make safer power. a 75-100 shot on top of the supercharger would be alot safer than a 200 shot on motor not to mention that you wont have to refil the bottle as often saving you money and you still make good power on the supercharger alone. the nitrous will also bring intake temps down making the supercharger more efficient on giggle gas. is there something wrong with the supercharger that is causing you to want to remove it?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i dont know why is not passing 6 psi ... its keep jumping between 6 and 7 psi .... and the blower have a 2.2 pulley and in past years the same blower puts 20 psi

·
Registered
209 Posts
Let me know if you decide to part it out or sell the kit i might be interested in a few pieces that my kit lacked, or just some spare parts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Where did you get the 2.2" pulley im looking for one and I have 12psithe peek but if ur running between 4500 and 5500rpmI that's about all I make is 6-7psi if I were u id look for a boost leak some there even if its a small leak you will lose all your boost

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i got the pulley from a porsche web site, and yes im willing to sell the kit , its a fs/vf vortech kit , but i put the maf on a blow tru set up.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i rebuild the motor already it got like 30 miles of break in.... im also have a noise on the valve train , some one told me that its the tappets, buckets?

·
Hmmmmm
3,706 Posts
i mean a rebuild of the supercharger. not your motor.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts