Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got an 80 shot of nitrous, reubuilt engine and about $3000 worth of upgrades to use the nitrous, I was racing someone the other day, when I hit the juice my check engine light popped on, now it feels like the engine is losing power. The engine ha also died a few times and has rough idle. It runs fine overall but feels like it is losing power. any Ideas?

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Need to get it scanned and see what the code is first.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried getting it scanned they said they thought it was the O2 sensor but they had no way of telling for sure they suggested that the heat from nitrous might have blown it. I looked for higher temp sensors but I was told somewere else that nitrous can't blow a sensor.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They said it was the O2 sensor "code", but that it was spitting out other codes(they didn't tell me which) that shouldnt be showing up with my symptoms.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Get a new O2 sensor, or at least try cleaning yours first, see if the code goes away, then see what else it is throwing as a code... Get someone to give you ALL the codes...I would pull the plugs and at least have a look, you may need to change them if you spray alot. It is hard on the plugs. If the plugs look bad, let us know

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are you talking about the spark plugs? How would I clean them?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would make sure you have a cooler heat range plug. I had 1 melt on my car and it ran fine until I floored it. Also make sure your throttle plate isn't bent. I sprayed a 88 GT mustang 1 time and the nitrous bent the throttle plate in the throttle body and it would "cough" really bad when I tried to start it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts