Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my Venom VCN-2000 Computerized Nitrous kit on my car finally back from Venom on Friday. WOW!!! Put down [email protected] on their dyno. But I have to bring it back next week so they can tune it on the dyno then they'll give me a copy. They just pulled two runs real quick to make sure it was spraying at the right RPM and that it was spraying the right amount in both drag mode and Linear mode. So I went to the Drag strip on Sat. Bad news pulled a 17.5 with NOS The car's clutch and tires cant handle that much power. I launched at about 2,500 with 20lbs of air pressure and the tires started to spin putting me above 4,700 RPM so it started spraying at the car got out of control, so I grabbed second and the clutch just slipped, power was in and out aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.........aaaaaa... Couldnt get the power through the clutch to the wheels so i just let off half track and got a 17.5 at 69mph whoooopeee!
And that really sucked cause my friends were in the stand and they were pumping up the people around them watch this Focus run it has like 250HP and yeah a 17.5 So I parked my car with a burnt clutch and a pissed off Fiance(Its her car, my payment) and was going to call it a night. But about 2.5 hours later it was our groups turn again and I decided to run all motor and test the clutch. [email protected] with the clutch slipping and full interior and 35lb Nitrous bottle in the back. Lowered the air-pressure down to 18lbs and got a 2.27 60' so I gues the key to a good lauch on these tires into to slip the clutch Now my timeslip shows a 11.6, but it was cold and windy so a leaf or something must have tripped the lines at the end, but I went into the booth to get the real time from the computer. Now my clutch slipped but not real bad I probably could have gottin a 14.5 with a good 60' and the clutch not slipping but I'll take the 14.7 for now. So on my last run I decided to run my NOS again except this time in linear mode so its not all the power at once its gradually builds up like a turbo car. And they closed the staging lanes 4 cars before me. Now these races are advertised to run from 4pm to 11pm and this was at 10:18. I was Furious! So after ward I went to the other track and got up against my friends/friends SRT-4 with just an AEM intake. With it in Linear mode pulled a [email protected](G-tech Pro) and was 3 car lengths ahead. And to my dismay the clutch really didnt slip that much cause I was just in stock hp range when I grabbed each gear and I actually pulled away another car and a half in 3rd gear. Now th G-tech is not 100% accurate its plus or minus .2 tenhs so it coul be a 13.5 or a 13.9 probably a 13.9 and mph is always higher on a G-tech cause a Drag strip takes and average of your MPH in the last i think its 150' and the G-tech gives MPH at exactly the 1/4 mile distance. All in all I am impressed and love this car now its a beast I just need a clutch and drag radials and a LSD diff. and it will be a 13.2 car the way it sits and with cams and a head a high 12 sec car. Also to Egz the kit will be avaiable to buy within 6-weeks for $1,289 if you want to update your post.

--------------------
Got Venom?

03 Grey Duratec 2.3 [email protected] [email protected](allmotor)
(brntcltch
Venom VCN-2000 Computerized Nitous Kit(40%)
Sebring 2.5" cat-back, Focus-Central CAI,
Draxas header, Marcy Motorsport Cam Timing Adj.
(ex= -6')(int= -4'), Marcy Motorsport Custom Shift Gate, Eibach/Goldline springs

·
Focus Addict
1,245 Posts
So, wait. You have 228hp @ the wheels all motor??? What mods do you have that are giving you 228hp all motor ????

·
Registered
321 Posts
Last time I checked if you air down radials it pulls the middle of the tire off the asphalt. That is why tires that have been driven underinflated show more wear on the shoulders. Run the tires at the recommended pressure, especially if they are a factory size tire. That old trick works on bias ply tires.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oldschool said:
Last time I checked if you air down radials it pulls the middle of the tire off the asphalt. That is why tires that have been driven underinflated show more wear on the shoulders. Run the tires at the recommended pressure, especially if they are a factory size tire. That old trick works on bias ply tires.
I bet you havent been to a Drag Strip lately. Take your SVT with your recommended tire pressure and let me know your 60' better yet ask Walter Marcy @ Marcy Motorsport what you should and lets see your 60' compared to mine. Now your car comes with even stickier tires than mine right! So put full pressure in em and let me know when you come back with your 2.5 60' time.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
guerro said:
So, wait. You have 228hp @ the wheels all motor??? What mods do you have that are giving you 228hp all motor ????
Read the post again and you'll get your answer. 14.7 all motor. [email protected] with NOS burnt my clutch trying to run the NOS through thre stock clutch at the track no true timeslip with the NOS yet.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I am so getting that kit[:D]

But first, looks like I gotta get a quife and a new clutch.

Pzev

·
Registered
47 Posts
Walter's putting the race clutch,flywheel and NOS on my Pzev on the 28th.I'll let you know what I run.I'm going to try a 75 shot.

·
Registered
321 Posts
0103VENOM said:
I bet you havent been to a Drag Strip lately. Take your SVT with your recommended tire pressure and let me know your 60' better yet ask Walter Marcy @ Marcy Motorsport what you should and lets see your 60' compared to mine. Now your car comes with even stickier tires than mine right! So put full pressure in em and let me know when you come back with your 2.5 60' time.
I don't have to take my SVT to the track. Like I said, look at a tire that has been run at an air pressure that is too low. The shoulders will be worn out and the center is still fairly good. Used to run my Mustang at about 30 lbs. Everybody else would air 'em down and then heat 'em up. This just does not work with radials... They will get a little stickier with heat, but if you get them too hot, they will get slick in a hurry. If you are running lower air pressure and are getting a better 60 foot, maybe you should get a pyrometer and find out what is really going on. If your 60 foot time is better at a lower tire pressure, you should take a temp reading all the way across the tire and see if it is uniform. If it is, then congratulations!!!!!!!! If it is colder in the center, then come up untill it evens out. Hot in the middle is obviously over-inflation. I'm sticking to my guns. The pyrometer will tell all.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
oldschool said:
I don't have to take my SVT to the track. Like I said, look at a tire that has been run at an air pressure that is too low. The shoulders will be worn out and the center is still fairly good. Used to run my Mustang at about 30 lbs. Everybody else would air 'em down and then heat 'em up. This just does not work with radials... They will get a little stickier with heat, but if you get them too hot, they will get slick in a hurry. If you are running lower air pressure and are getting a better 60 foot, maybe you should get a pyrometer and find out what is really going on. If your 60 foot time is better at a lower tire pressure, you should take a temp reading all the way across the tire and see if it is uniform. If it is, then congratulations!!!!!!!! If it is colder in the center, then come up untill it evens out. Hot in the middle is obviously over-inflation. I'm sticking to my guns. The pyrometer will tell all.

I dont even heat them up I go around the box. LIKE I SAID GO TO THE TRACK AND LETS SEE YOUR 60' ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS. The SVT that I ran back in Jan pulled a 2.6 60' and he had the stock tires it came with with the right pressure in it. Evidently you do not go to the track and do not know what your talking about this is a Focus not a Mustang and I got 1.8 60' with my Mustang with 18lbs of air pressure on my Nitto 555R's . Dont right back till you run your car at the track post your 60' and I'll laugh[:eek:)] [hah] [slap]

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
0103VENOM said:
I dont even heat them up I go around the box. LIKE I SAID GO TO THE TRACK AND LETS SEE YOUR 60' ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS. The SVT that I ran back in Jan pulled a 2.6 60' and he had the stock tires it came with with the right pressure in it. Evidently you do not go to the track and do not know what your talking about this is a Focus not a Mustang and I got 1.8 60' with my Mustang with 18lbs of air pressure on my Nitto 555R's . Dont right back till you run your car at the track post your 60' and I'll laugh[:eek:)] [hah] [slap]

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
any pics of this setup my nzzle? or dyno charts?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Thanks focal. I guess you didn't take into account the TALL first gear on the SVT. The 60 ft. is going to be bad, unless you dog the shit out of the clutch. Not for me. All I said was that there is a process to determine the correct air pressure. You may benefit by finding out for yourself on your car what it is. Go by a pyro, they are indispensable. Especially if you ever start turning corners.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
mofocus said:
any pics of this setup my nzzle? or dyno charts?

I go back next week so they can tune it on the dyno then I'll have the dyno sheets dont have a digi or a scanner but I'll find a way to get them on here, maybe I'll have them e-mail them to me then I can get them on here. And I took pictures but once again no scanner maybe I'll go by one this weekend. This is my fiance' comp. for college so she didnt care to buy a scanner.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts