Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a bit of a problem, or maybe not. I am not sure I hope some one can tell me. I tried to install my Nitrous nozzle on my steeda short ram intake. My problem now is that by accident I made the hole for the nozzle right above the valve cover vent line [?|] . So my fear now is that nitrous will get into my valve cover, or that the nozzle will get dirty from the oil coming from the vent. Any help is very much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Well...I'd say that since your most likely not going to spray below 3000rpms that the velocity of the air being sucked will cause it to run right past that hole. As long as you have the nozzle spraying towards the TB opening.
Which spot do you mean you put it in. 1 or 2?

If you have it in "1"(exactly oposite side of hole)Than you'd be fine.
If you have it in "2" I still think you'd be fine.

·
FF Affiliate
30,926 Posts
You want the spray to be going directly into and through the TB , where you have it it will hit the inside wall of the Tube and loose the mix of fuel and nitrous , the fuel will puddle

If it were me I would move the nitrous nozzle closer to the hose on the TB and aim the spray so when the TB plate is open it will go directly into the intake , this would cure you worry with the valve cover breather and make the nitrous work much better and safer

I hope you have a good tune for the Nitrous and are going 1 or 2 jet/pill sizes larger on the fuel

Tom

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
actually the hole is right beside the vent fitting (to the right of it on that picture). I tried making it directly on the other side but in my stupidity i confused which end went on the TB and which had the filter on.

I read the instructions on my NX kit and it said to install the nozzle 2 to 6 inches away from the TB. So Tom you think its ok to just put the nozzle right after the rubber hose from the TB.

About the tune, wouldnt get it from anyone else then you. Iam expecting some money by the beginning of next month and will email u asap about a tune. Wouldn't run my Nitrous without a tune. I am just trying to install it and take my time since this is the first time i am doing something like this.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Good point Tom, sorry I didn't think about the walls. I'm not familiar with that steeda, but could you flip it around and just run a longer silicone hose,or if you have extra hose? That's just an idea if you didn't want to drill another hole.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was thinking about flipping it but i think there wont be enough space for the breather hose on the other side. Actually I wouldn't mind making another hole but how can I plug the hole i already made??

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
duct tape solves all problems LOL... but seriously i dont know maybe you can find a rubber plug of some sort....

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I had nitrous in my car and took it out and I was left w/ a hole in my tube. I put epoxy putty in the hole. It's great stuff. Like plado for about 5min and then it's hard as a rock. It's not the best looking or safest thing, but it's better than a hole in your tube. I just put it in like this.

......--------
------------------Blue is tube wall and red is epoxy-don't mind the black dots
......--------
That way the epoxy can't come out on either side.

·
FF Affiliate
30,926 Posts
Regular silicone will work and just match the colors and let it sit over night

YOU MUST change the nozzle location and place it so it is a direct shot and get larger fuel pills

Tom

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I found pretty good solution for the problem i found a plastic peace that fit exactly over it, it cant fall in and I sealed it with silicon sealant. I drilled another whole about3 inches away from the throttle plate and its right under the valve cover vent hose blowing nitrous straight into the TB.

@ Tom: Just pm'ed you about the Tune.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts