Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently running a 75 shot. I know I can run a 100 shot no problems. I'm looking to push the limits of the stock pistons...although I'm pretty positive the rings would go first.

So whats the most I could go? (assuming I'm running NOSzles since SVT manifolds can't use direct port)

125?
150?

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
you can use a direct port setup on the svt manifolds. in fact it's the better way to go because it keeps nitrous from pooling in the runners due to DSI activation. many people who were running noszles blew their intake up from a single backfire

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
there's been a few people on FF who've had that problem, and I've personally replaced the manifolds on a few in my area for that problem. that manifold is expensive enough that I wouldn't mess with nitrous cuz it'll void the warranty

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Yup, You can run a direct port, I am doing this right now actually. All you need is extra lines, and 3 more nozzles. You tap the mani just as you would for ur intake, and use a rubber bushing to seal and thread the nut inside the mani just like you would for your intake fogger. YOu know how you put a nut inside the intake ot screw onto the nozzle.. Same way, just use like a rubber bushing or something to make sure it seals, as it is a round surface and not perfectly flat.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
The DP gives you much better control over the flow of nitrous as well. As mechanic said, it is the best way to go, it just takes more time and money.

The other big thing with a svt is make sure you have a good nitrous tune, they are finicky with nitrous.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
viney266 said:
The DP gives you much better control over the flow of nitrous as well. As mechanic said, it is the best way to go, it just takes more time and money.

The other big thing with a svt is make sure you have a good nitrous tune, they are finicky with nitrous.
Tuning will be there. Dyno tune using SCT PRP software.

How much would you go?

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Honestly, I think 75 is all I would do long term on stock parts. Anything over there is wearing parts hard 100 will be okay as long as you have enough fuel in it and NO det.. But be prepared for it to break one day.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts