Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here is the deal: I want a turbo REALLLYYY baddly but i cant afford one (2.7K-5.5K is alot) and i found a good deal on an NX wet kit. If i did the math correctly i can get a N2O system running @ 75WHP w/90% of the xtras for under $850. Eventually however i want to get a turbo (prob next summer) but i dont want to waste an excelent NX kit. so here are my questions:

1) Is it possible to run Nitrous along with a turbo?

2) If it isnt is it worth the money to convert the wet system to the N-Tercooler system from NX (sprays the n20 cloud through ur intercooler)

3)Would stock 2000 Zetec internals be able to handle a 75hp wet shot?

ya i know its prob crazy runnin both turbo and nitrous and i know id have to tune the shit out of it to work properly if @ all.

If i was to do both after i convert to turbo id probly convert the wet system to a direct port. Obviously after upgrading the internals.

thanks for the help,
Sarif2029

·
Registered
189 Posts
I would buy the Nx kit for now. Then when you do go turbo you can spray the intercooler. Thats what I plan on doing. I dont know how well the stock internals/ rings will like the the 75 though. I am currently running a 55 shot on my car and I like it.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Yes, with a correct tune you can run nitrous and a turbo, but you are asking alot of the stock parts. You can even run a set-up where it sprays immediately and shuts off as the boost comes in. But now we are talking $$$$$$$$$$.

Get the nitrous kit, enjoy it, start with a 50 shot, and GET a bottle heater. Read the nitrous sticky here as well.

·
Registered
61 Posts
go for it spooling a big turbo with nitrous is a good idea for way more power.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bump for more info

sairf2029

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
i would save your money for the turbo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts