Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I'm going on the basis here of "the only stupid question is an unasked one".

Does Nightshades come in different colors? I want to do my turn signals but I want them to match my car.

Where can you get this stuff? Any autoparts store, or do you need to go to some custom shop?

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for your replies

So making them red would be illegal? Is that all 50 states or is that only true in certain states?

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
I believe it's nationwide.

You can ask your local law enforcement about it.

I think the turn signals have to be white/clear or yellow/orange.

I think having Red lights on the front of your car maybe a nono.

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
You might save a few bucks by using quick dry paint as suggested by microtonal. I did it to my front grille turn signals (can't wait to get rid of them completely) with black spray paint.
Three light coats and I was done, turned out just fine and only cost $1.99 at your hardware store.

I know here in Missouri having red or blue lights on your car is illegal, those are for police and emergency vehicles. My son has some friends who got tickets for having blue neon lights.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Red in the front is definitely a no no because they flash and red or blue flashing in the front isn't bound to be liked by cops....I think your stuck doing silver, black or clear

·
Registered
951 Posts
Yes..........now what I'm wondering is do you have to unplug the turn signals, or is it enough to completely black out any possible light from coming through?

·
Registered
793 Posts
Yeah only time you can have red turn signals is on the rear of your car. You cannot have red or blue lights because they are reserved for emergency vehicles and green is illegal becaise its used on hazardous materials response vehicles, I still use hiper white/blue ones tho lol

·
Registered
549 Posts
I painted both of my turn signals with black paint. I completely blacked out the turn signals on the sides but I left some light to come through on the turn signals is the front of the car. I know it's illegal and not very safe but that's just how I did mine. I just got pulled over by the cops a couple weeks ago for speeding and the police officer didn't say anything so I assume I'm ok.

·
Registered
650 Posts
fokuzsport, if I was to buy say.. silver model tint, at night with my turn signals on, wouldnt that still make it orange? and do you know if the night shades block out the orange completly? like even at night too?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Niteshades doesn't block anything out. Thats why its the best thing to use in my opinion. I have my side markers, turn signals and tails blacked out with it. Looks dark during the day but at night you can't even tell. The lights, and colors shine right through. I used the model car window tint paint the first time i painted everything and ended up redoing them a few months later because everything began to chip and peel.

~Jess

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
no tinting doesnt block out any of the orange.. it just makes it look tinted. lol

i spray painted mine completely black. i didnt want any orange showing at all, day or night

·
Registered
650 Posts
fokuzsport said:
no tinting doesnt block out any of the orange.. it just makes it look tinted. lol

i spray painted mine completely black. i didnt want any orange showing at all, day or night
''

No one has said anything to you about it?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts