Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to tint my TYC tails but don't want to risk ruining them. I have read on here that nightshade is permanent, I have also read that it can be removed. Wich is right? A friend of mine also wants to have her name on her third brake light and I was wondering if nightshade would be dark enough to do this.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
It can be removed. I did it to mine and did not like the outcome, so I took some paint thinner (I think thats what it was) to it and it came off. It did take a while however to get it all off, and if your not careful you could ruin the lights finish. But yes, it can come off. And to answer the second question, yes. If you are good, you can tape off what she wants there and spray the rest. It will take a few coats but it would work fine.

·
Registered
528 Posts
the pro way, is to get stickers of letters, just big enough for the tailight, say, .5" and if she wants her name, place them on there, and spray, let dry, pull sticker off, your done.

·
☼
7,494 Posts
Wow that's a little lame to put your name on the 3rd brake light, don't you think? [;)]

But also, how many layers of niteshade is good for a moderate tint?

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Just depends on the surface. I cant even remember how many mine took.

Agreed with the name thing, but hey. If it works for them, then Im fine with that. At least its no "Type R!!1!" badge.[rolleyes]

The best thing to do is to nightshade whatever you are doing in a very well lit area. I did mine in the garage. Every few coats, let it dry for a sec and take it outside into the bright light, to see how it looks in regular daytime. Helps out a WHOLE lot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts