Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to make my headlights dark gray. I DON'T want to nightshade them with a paint or anything permanent. I'd like to be able to remove it one day just in case. Is there any kind of tint I can use on my headlights? Thanks, SPACE.

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
yea, lamin-x

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
yep, gunsmoke lamin-x

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
alright guys thanks for the help. I'm seriously considering doing the front and back in gunsmoke or whatever gray it is. I gotta know though, how much does that cut down on your visibility at night?

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so does it greatly inhibit visibility or what?

·
coffee, have some
5,971 Posts
I'd be interested in more info on this as well. Pictures or anything?

I had been contemplating nite-shading mine but like the idea of being able to remove it.

thanks for the idea space!

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
cuts down light to a small degree. however, not as much as you would think. it is also available in light tint, blue, yellow, and 2 thicknesses of clear.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i was searching in the forums here and deep down inside there someplace, can't remember where it is, I saw someone saying that after a little while his started to get dirty and look bad. Is this universally true or did he just do something stupid or have a bad experience. Thanks. oh and thanks for the answer about the tint.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i'm just gonna assume it's like anything else, it's a crap shoot.

·
Registered
637 Posts
i was searching in the forums here and deep down inside there someplace, can't remember where it is, I saw someone saying that after a little while his started to get dirty and look bad. Is this universally true or did he just do something stupid or have a bad experience. Thanks. oh and thanks for the answer about the tint.
I have the yellow film installed on my headlights & fogs. It's been about a year since I've had them on and pretty much been through a very dirty/slushy Canadian winter, and have had no problems/discoloration.

Before installing the film make sure you (or installer) give the lenses a thourough cleaning before applying the film.

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
^agreed. Get them from Focussport

·
le kittens meow
1,747 Posts
maybe u can get cool flip down lenses like old peoples glasses lololollol

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I haven't seen personally anyones lamin-x start to dull or look bad, IF they properly maintain. You have to wax with 20% or greater carnuba content wax every 3 months to maintain the 5 year warranty (and yes, they can tell if you havne't).

If you have more questions let me know. Not sure why anyone would recommend focussport, when we have lower prices, and are a site sponsor [:)]

5,155 Posts
cbrenn71 IDK what you charge, but I bought some clear Lamin-x from FS and it was $65 (for headlights and fogs). If I had known about you I'd of purchsed from you (maybe you weren't a sponsor yet? IDK).

·
Registered
262 Posts
and if your worried about visibility issues...you can always buy brighter headlight bulbs.
i prefer Sylvana Silverstar ultra. 50 bucks at autozone. best investment for lights in my option(w/o having to spend alot that is)

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok, so i looked at the laminx site and they have the front for 49 and the back for 49(though for some reason they have a pic of the headlight covers there). I could get that but then how much would it cost to have it installed? I looked at the sponsor site and i can get the front and i can get the back but i'd have to send in my tails, but to do that i'd have to buy new tails so i can still drive... so that won't work... SO how much does it usually cost to get it put on? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
headlight - 42.50
fogs - 16.00 (svt or non-svt)

5,155 Posts
spacegravity4me said:
ok, so i looked at the laminx site and they have the front for 49 and the back for 49(though for some reason they have a pic of the headlight covers there). I could get that but then how much would it cost to have it installed? I looked at the sponsor site and i can get the front and i can get the back but i'd have to send in my tails, but to do that i'd have to buy new tails so i can still drive... so that won't work... SO how much does it usually cost to get it put on? Thanks guys.
Why not install it yourself?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts