Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well its passed all of my tests, it seems to scratch pretty easy but i bet a coat of clear would fix that right up

4 coats and they look dark but i can still see the amber in them

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
and the transparency.....

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
less than $4 i think

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
good find!!!! seems to be the same thing, just not 11 bux a can..im sure a cpl coats of clear would fix that scratch problem.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I'm considering getting this stuff. My sidemarkers are clinged and not sprayed, and I think this would look a little better. I might even use it to tint my old aftermarket tails for practice.

·
Registered
96 Posts
yeah and let me know how they turn out. i want to do that. im going to walmart tonight and get the stuff and try it out on the sidemarkers first and see how i like it.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Cool find. Im curious as to how well it holds up in the long run.

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well i dont drive the car, as its under contruction right now :p, but ill see if can get a pic of them on

·
Registered
784 Posts
Nice find, but I have always used Testors spray tint myself, I did my side markers over a year ago and they still look good.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I went to walmart here in freeport,illinois , i spent 2.97+tax for a can , i used it on my taillights , i used 4 coats and 2 coats of clear , it turned out very well , i did my wifes sisters car also and she has 1997 grand am , it also turned out very good , i masked off the reverse lights and then painted them and then i removed the masking tape , it turned out very well , ill get some pics up in a bit , have to take the pics first before i can post them ......haha Sry camera isnt the greatest one but hey it worked

·
Registered
875 Posts
How's the glossiness? I guess that only relies on the clearcoat, so it really shouldn't matter what spray tint you use. And how does the light shine through in the day time? Looks nice, though! I may have to redo my sidemarkers with it.

·
Registered
151 Posts
during the day wit sunlight it has a marroon lookin kind of red , but still they are dark , the glossiness is better after u put a clear coat on it and wit the clearcoat on there they are durable , i had mine this way for about a week and half , wash them and waxed them , they still lookin good

1 - 20 of 28 Posts