Focus Fanatics Forum banner

41 - 60 of 41886 Posts

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Yes sir!! You wanna do it at my house? I could bring my jack and jack stand to where ever we meet and do it there too if you don't want to drive out to my house I don't have a problem with that. Though we will have to use the old lug nut wrench instead of my impact gun.

·
Flat Black King
8,203 Posts
na i can go to ur house and we can do it there fast and quick and takes pics again. maybe grab a bite or something or show me around ur hood!

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
There are so many directions you can go with modding ... it will never end.

But have fun finding the mods you like VonKrause.

-Ray-

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
I should come to you little meet guys and take a pic ... just one ...

-Ray-

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Well there's not much to see of my hood unless you want me to take you across the tracks lol. Theres a sonic thats close that I was telling Raymond about that might be a good photo place or meet place if we ever came out my way.

·
Flat Black King
8,203 Posts
sounds good. Lets have a many meet thursday then if yall want. we could meet at ur house or somewhere close and go grab a bite and take some pics. Make it the mini meet before the big meet

·
Unicorn Owner
2,757 Posts
So far the only mod I have done so far is the hood, the idea of dropping it has gone away for now since the roads I drive on seem to be the worst in the world. (Shepherd) So I am putting that on hold, exhaust seems like the next logical step but the site I tried to order it from doesn't want my money. I plan to put vinyl on the front and back lights as soon as it warms up and get my grill painted.

·
Unicorn Owner
2,757 Posts
The other thing I am trying to do is find a company willing to make me a custom Carbon Fiber trunk lid since no one makes them! But I have been talking with some different people that have gotten companies to make a certain item because they asked so, wish me luck in the future with that one.

·
Flat Black King
8,203 Posts
ANother way you could go about that is instead of wasting that much money on a custom hood why not cover your trunk in some carbon fiber vinyl?

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
^^how about an intake instead? Same gains different noise? Just a thought. As for the suspension I wouldn't go any lower than a comparable SVT suspension. I don't know what you newer guys have but I would do something similar. Raymond and Coty had a hard time following me on some of the roads I took them on due to the bumps. My car took em all with no problem they had to slow way down. So what would be the same as the SVT focus suspension if you had a newer one? That's what I would get then you would be able to handle the roads where you live.

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
I meant my post to go one two above these lol I took too long typing lol.

If anyone else wants to get together on thurs. for a mini meet hit us up in this thread. All we are doing is swapping wheels grabbing a bite to eat and a little photo taking.

·
Unicorn Owner
2,757 Posts
The vinyl guy I went to has carbon fiber vinyl but the cost to cover the entire trunk would be in the area of $600-$900. So I am going to go around and see if anyone wants to invest in a mold for the trunk lid before I go that direction

·
Unicorn Owner
2,757 Posts
wow i dont know where you went but thats expensive. check out www.stickercity.com and there is a place in houston called reecesupply that sales vinyl and im sure can find you some carbon fiber vinyl. really not that expensive. a
The material is only decently expensive but the vinyl itself is not like normal vinyl, it's ability to stretch and conform is less than traditional vinyl. Then factor in the many curves and whatnot on the trunk lid of a 2009, it adds up pretty fast once you add installation. Meh if I can I would like an actual CF trunk over a covered one for weight and the nice clear coat that goes down on top of the actual CF. I saw the vinyl in person and while cool, it just doesn't have the same look to it. It is close but...

I don't know maybe I am just picky. [:)]

41 - 60 of 41886 Posts