Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd note a feature I didn't realize the car had. When I was backing into my driveway in the rain yesterday, I noticed the rear wiper activated even though it was in the off position. I have the rain sensing wipers, and they were on. I think it must be tied to that. Anyway, I just thought that was a nifty, thoughtful feature like so many other little details that make me love driving this car. The auto-dimming mirror also automatically turns off when backing up to aid visibility.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Guess I don't understand how that is a feature to activate the wiper when you have them turned off. Off means OFF not on. [???:)]

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can see that, but I guess if the windshield's wet enough to activate rain-sensing wipers, the backlight would be, too. I always keep my wipers in Off unless it's actually raining to prevent them from going when there's just dust/dirt on the windshield enough to trip the sensor. Perhaps it's a glitch, but I found it handy. I tried it a second time to make sure the rear wiper switch was off, and it definitely was.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Hi, if the front wipers are set to on or auto then the rear wiper will be activated when you select reverse. It's ok but you have to remember that even if it's not raining, and the front wiper is set to auto, when you select reverse the rear wiper will make a nice dry wipe over your rear screen. Thus you should always only turn your wipers onto auto when it starts to rain. Of course it could be different with cars in the US, and with the focus, but the rear auto wipe has always had this 'feature' on other Ford models.
Chris

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hi, if the front wipers are set to on or auto then the rear wiper will be activated when you select reverse. It's ok but you have to remember that even if it's not raining, and the front wiper is set to auto, when you select reverse the rear wiper will make a nice dry wipe over your rear screen. Thus you should always only turn your wipers onto auto when it starts to rain. Of course it could be different with cars in the US, and with the focus, but the rear auto wipe has always had this 'feature' on other Ford models.
Chris
I have an SEL without automatic wipers, and the rear wiper will turn on if the front wipers are on and I select reverse. The rain light feature doesn't seem to work though, like most people in the other thread.

Another neat feature I discovered by accident; I hadn't fully latched the rear hatch and went to lock the car and got a double-honk instead of a single honk.

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
I have an SEL without automatic wipers, and the rear wiper will turn on if the front wipers are on and I select reverse. The rain light feature doesn't seem to work though, like most people in the other thread.

Another neat feature I discovered by accident; I hadn't fully latched the rear hatch and went to lock the car and got a double-honk instead of a single honk.

Features and options in brochures are never everything. The little things you find out while owning the car are the best. Little fine details like this make me smile.
Posted via FF Mobile

1 - 6 of 6 Posts