Registered
4,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thanks man! Can't wait to leave winter mode haha

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Ordered my lug nuts, needed mag style for the jag wheels.

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
Hurry up! We need these on!!!

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Here's something that I'm sure no one will ever have to do... but it was part of the journey.

Yesterday I got a po118 code which is for a coolant temp sensor. You'd think that it would only make your coolant gauge trip out.... wrong. The car instantly thinks it's overheating and blasts every fan possible. Then at one point shut off all together.

So after being positive it was the sensor (scangauge read a ####) for temp.

Contact your local Ford dealer and order part DY1188

THE baddie is located here behind the foam in the engine bay. Follow the Shiny coated wire here.

It's gonna lead you down here:

Remove the pigtail connector from the sensor by gently pushing the small tab.

At this point pray that carpel tunnel syndrome hasn't taken full effect on your fingers: this silver pin.... picture it as your baby. DONT DROP YOUR BABY!

The silver pin pulls down from the bottom. At this point you have to accept that you are going to pollute the planet and pour antifreeze everywhere. Hurrying is not an option because you will drop the silver pin and render your car useless because the duratec troll will steal it forever. Pull the old sensor out and expect a spray of coolant. relax. Get the new sensor and find the hole. Press it in and take a deep breath.

Up to this point the process was a 3/10 on the difficulty scale.

Now your covered In coolant and getting ancy. Take the silver pin and begin the search for the slot here.

It's closer to the "port" that it's plugged into than you think.

Once you've successfully prayed to your maker and not dropped the slippery silver pin, connect the pigtail.

Start the car and let it reach operating temp. Add coolant and enjoy.

*you could probably clamp the coolant line and not spill anything*

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #08
6,895 Posts
[twothumbs] That's a great post and well written Nick. "Pull the old sensor out and expect a spray of coolant. relax. Get the new sensor and find the hole. Press it in and take a deep breath" [hihi] Must remember to relax and breathe [thumb]

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
Haha good post man! The duratec troll still lives!

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
49. So they'll be another 12mm out than stock. I'm most likely running spacers

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Nah I'm not really trying to stretch. I like the squared look

21 - 40 of 67 Posts