Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out ebay item# 200080307855

I think it looks pretty good, it's got a functional vent. Just not sure of the price, is that about right for carbon fiber hoods?

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
Yeah that was a pretty popular style in the 00-04 models. The price is eBay cheap for a CF hood. It may not be made of grade A (or whatever) CF and the layers may not be perfect (ie: may be 2-3 layers on the front edge, but only 1-2 near the windshield).

There's a few members on here that have bought eBay hoods, and for the price they seem to like them just fine. You can't expect perfect quality for $165 (the shipping seems pretty reasonable for a Focus hood). But if you're looking for something that looks nice and will fit, it may be a perfectly good choice.

If you want any input I think Foci_Fosho is one of the members who sports an eBay CF hood. As always on eBay, scour the feedback: some are saying bolts right up, others say required a little work. Also they don't only sell for the Focus or only sell hoods, so I'd see what product they're talking about in the FB.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info

·
Registered
1,446 Posts

what about rain, or punks who hate people with nice cars? "Hmmm strawberry shake, oh look at that focus", SHAKE MEET MOTOR.... hmm been there. lol id atleast want a cover (billit) or SOMTHING over it :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts