Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure a few of you have seen the post in the svt owners lounge about the scion TC. Well I have set up a race with a guy from a scion site for sept. My stock svtf against his mostly stock TC(he has an intake). He's from RI and seems cool and very humble about the race as am I. We have yet to set a date ,but it is going to be in september.So who wants to go ?He will be bringing some other TCs some modded I guess. Can I count on a little support from my Foci community?

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HTPerformance said:
Sounds interesting. Not sure if I will race yet. Might come just for the show.
We need someone to represent the modded SVTs.

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
This guy who lives up the street from me(Ben) will be coming to. He has a stock SVTF. What abour rockthezx3?Isn't he modded to? I need the guy from the scion site (dave?) to get back to me with a date.

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Anaxagoras1986 said:
Rockthezx3 is pretty heavilt modded.

I'll prob go just to watch. When is it happening?
I'm still waiting for a date from the kid. How modded is he? Does he have FI?

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Get Jborden too he goes there alot.

What does Rockthezx3 have? everyone was more or less stock at the meet. nothing that would bury a tC. Probly beat it but not by much.

I'll talk to my buddy Ed, he has a tC. I havnt talked with him about a year so I have no idea what work he's done, but he traded in his Lexus is300 for it, so I'm assuming he has done a lot of work. He had a lot of preformance stuff and a body kit on the is, so the tC should have a ton of work done to it by now.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Haha, hey guys. I did the worst times ever at this funford. Its was pretty bad. Two practice runs and then off to eliminations. I came in third and went home with $50.

I bet I could make it if there is at least a good weeks heads up. I would love to see a focus kick a yota's ass. I was running a 15.7 before all the mods and Im sure if i get the car to launch correctly and get my crap stright, we should have a good time tooling on this guy [thumb] .

Hey HTperformance, maybe if all goes well, you could have your new and improved head on. That would be really cool. See how those gigantic valves do.

G

·
Yeh, it would be nice. I'd like to try to dyno before and after and also get flowbench #'s on the head, just for research sake for the whole community.

I sold my STS, gotta get another one of those before the race.

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don't know if he's trying to back out now or what ,but he's not getting back to me with a date. I would still like to go to the strip though. I'll give this guy a few more day then we'll just try to set a date for us to go.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I'm going to Epping NH tomorrow night, sept 1st, anyone one else going? I'm just going for fun, first time, see what my lightly modded focus will run.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
I am waiting on getting a refund from my school now that I have financial aid, then I'll be buying a new clutch and flywheel. If I get that before these races go down, I'll be there and ready to race. I went up to Epping a few weeks ago, and actually ran worse times than before (I got a tune since then) on account of my clutch slipping too much in first.
As far as TC's go, stock for stock I'd have my money on the SVT any day.
And no, no FI for me yet, just a few bolt ons.

And I'd rather see Brian slap on that M90 he was telling me about[;)]

·
Registered
622 Posts
I got three runs in, my first being the best. Ran 16.19 @86 MPH. More stories to follow. BTW it was my first trip down a real dragstip ever, first time at the tree. It was a blast, and I recomend it to everyone.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Let's do this Brian. We'll take care of those scions.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts