Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If any of you are savvy to the bosch platinum 2 plugs going bad after any amount of mileage, I suggest that you switch to the NGK iridium plugs, they have boosted my power and fuel efficiency by at least 15% and they do not burn up and cause problems. Best if used with the screamin demon coil pack and live wires, stock wires may not allow enough power to plugs for optimal burn. The only down-fall is they are about $14 each from most auto parts stores.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I realize the amount of threads on this subject, but some still do not know the benefits, like change your plugs and leave them alone for about 150k miles. I am just putting this out there for the guys that have diagnostic problems of rough idling and poor gas mileage. I may be a rookie here, but I do own an auto shop, I just have a problem with trying to find things that work for the SPI.

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
^lol yessir spi is a bitch, but get it figured out and you are the man, like jeff [:D] and dazada he's just trying to be helpful, i used autolite platinum plugs in mines with my msd wires, is that bad?

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
Klondike said:
i used autolite platinum plugs in mines with my msd wires, is that bad?
[eek]

Klondike said:
^lol yessir spi is a bitch, but get it figured out and you are the man, like jeff and dazada he's just trying to be helpful,
SCREW BEING HELPFUL! I want chaos and anarchy! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!![}:)]

Das dicke Kind, das auf dem Stuhl springt, wird Ihre Seele verschlingen!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had the autolites when I bought my car and it was running like crap all the time, then some lame brain mechanic here in dumbf[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)] carson city, nevada told me that bosch was the way to go, but I had already bought and installed the screamin demon coil and live wires, but still had the same crappy problem until I saw the thread on NGKs, thanks a whole bunch to whoever started that thread, and I mean no offense to anyone, I always have to deal with people who try to have their car fixed but have no money to pay me, and I have a lot of stuff get stolen or vandalized. I always am in a crappy mood. Sorry

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
torino72 said:
I had the autolites when I bought my car and it was running like crap all the time, then some lame brain mechanic here in dumbf[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)] carson city, nevada told me that bosch was the way to go, but I had already bought and installed the screamin demon coil and live wires, but still had the same crappy problem until I saw the thread on NGKs, thanks a whole bunch to whoever started that thread, and I mean no offense to anyone, I always have to deal with people who try to have their car fixed but have no money to pay me, and I have a lot of stuff get stolen or vandalized. I always am in a crappy mood. Sorry
bastards...

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
dazada said:
[eek]

SCREW BEING HELPFUL! I want chaos and anarchy! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!![}:)]

Das dicke Kind, das auf dem Stuhl springt, wird Ihre Seele verschlingen!

Not while I'm in charge buddy![:D]

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I know they are bastards, thats why I went to college and then started my own shop and am not doing too bad. Still working out the kinks.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Iridiums are just fine. Currently use them in my Ninja. Unlike Bosch, they dont mask most of their electrode with ceramic, they last forever and dont fall apart and ruin your cylinder. They are also well suited for aluminum heads, as they have a coating to prevent them from seizing. Dont know why, but Iridiums only cost about $7 each here in Waynesville. Iridiums=Goodness

·
Registered
461 Posts
yup, ngk's are great ... for some reason my gas mileage is down since installing them though ... not sure that is the problem, but I'll try a new o2 sensor and see if that's it ...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have no idea why they cost so much, but everything is more expensive in the west, just like gas is $3.28 per gallon, the bad fuel mileage could be because of dirty air filter, old oil, dirty fuel filter, or even the gas you put in it, although most place may say that theirs is better even though it all comes from the same place. You may want to try additives to help keep the system clean

·
Registered
139 Posts
That's weird. I bought a set in Tacoma a couple of weeks ago and I think they were $7.99 each.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I bought mine at summit racing in reno about 9 months ago and that was the cost then, so it most likely has gone down since then, I haven't paid too much attention to it, I just keep modifying and driving. It has cost me a lot of money so far just to pay for the stuff on it.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Gotcha. I got these at Autozone...

·
Registered
461 Posts
^ what he said. There are 50% sales all the time at advance auto parts : )

·
Registered
461 Posts
torino72 said:
the bad fuel mileage could be because of dirty air filter, old oil, dirty fuel filter, or even the gas you put in it, you may want to try additives to help keep the system clean
I just replaced the stock intake system with an aftermarket (so new filter installed), my fuel filter COULD be it, I have used additives twice in the last six months (injector cleaner & fuel system cleaner) and I use the same gas I've always used (always the same station). The oil was also just changed less than two months ago (<1000 miles). I'm thinking either fuel filter, which i have no idea how to change, o2 sensor, or just maybe leadfoot alone? It's got BAD though ... think like 200 miles to the tank ... I used to fill up around 250, and I hear 300 is an actual tank for us?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Dang you guys won't be happy to know what I get, but its probably what I've done to car, but I get an average of 42 hwy and 36 city. I have done some mods, mainly expensive ones and I now get that mileage, BUT it does drop when I race a lot, I get down to about 26 or 27. Maybe its just the way the car is set up.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts