Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Where should I throw my money next?

• Engine! (Header, tune)

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Drivetrain! (Clutch, limited slip diff)

Votes: 1 25.0%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, looking for some opinions here. I'm currently set with a short ram, and 2.5" flex-back. A header and tune have been floating around in my head lately, but I'm not sure if that's the next step.

As it stands, I can't get what power I have to the ground. Hard straight-line takeoff always spins one wheel, and forget accelerating out of turns. When I read about what a Torsen differential does, I think that I'll see a 100% increase in my grip of the road, and ability to launch without peeling out. Is this accurate?

Should I do more to my engine, or get on the drivetrain?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hey all, looking for some opinions here. I'm currently set with a short ram, and 2.5" flex-back. A header and tune have been floating around in my head lately, but I'm not sure if that's the next step.

As it stands, I can't get what power I have to the ground. Hard straight-line takeoff always spins one wheel, and forget accelerating out of turns. When I read about what a Torsen differential does, I think that I'll see a 100% increase in my grip of the road, and ability to launch without peeling out. Is this accurate?

Should I do more to my engine, or get on the drivetrain?
Id say header and tune.. and practicing your launch

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
Both are good choices. Id go with header and tune first, then look into better tires if possible.

Limited slip/ clutch and flywheel + labor if not doing it yourself gets pretty damn pricey. But the way it behaves after is amazing.

·
Registered
92 Posts
More power will not help, your right do the diff. After I supercharged my truck it was useless without a rear locker, would not hook up till around 70.

I did the sticky tires on my [:)][:)][:)][:)]us, they also work great but I'm told they will become useless if not dangerous this winter when it gets cold.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
How many miles are on your car & what do you want to end w/? Kind of need to know as I have all that & more.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
~100K on the odo, and I want to end with a fairly strong NA build.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Header definitely made a noticeable difference with my cat back exhaust. Tune is in the process...

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
~100K on the odo, and I want to end with a fairly strong NA build.
Best bang for n/a is a 23 motor. Your at a point where, you'll have to think out a budget= how much do you want to spend? Throwing a header, intake & a set of cams, is going to cost the same= 20 vs a 23. Throw a 23 head on the 20 & you still won't get to 23 level= same for same.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts