Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've put alot of money into the look of my car, now it's time to get the performance up there. I have an 03' SVT, with just an intake, coil pack, and plugs and wires. I have no more then $1000 to spend on the performance of my car and figured that no one would know what I should get better then other SVT owners. Thanks

·
Registered
588 Posts
if you want power just watch for sale ads or get some sort of FI

not knowing what is already on your car

but

Tune would be first on my list

then FI

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
For $1000, get Toms Predator Tune, and a RT Cat pipe, VF Trans Mount and a Short Throw Shifter.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Falken Azenis RT-615s and a tune.

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
OMG!! i was just in the same predicament(sp)!!! i got Tom's Predator, Underdrive pulleys, ORP, EBC Greenstuff front brakes and Shift light. all this added up to @1000.
have fun and happy modding![thumb]

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Toms SCT tune, vf rear motor mount, STS, maybe a lightweight fly.

·
Registered
404 Posts
yea from what I hear a tune is the first thing you should do,,, I will find out if this is true if mine ever comes in.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well thanks so far I have decided to get a tuner looks like Toms Predator. And I was thinking maybe something exhaust but not sure what?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
one question where can i find this toms predator?

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
dsreed02 said:
one question where can i find this toms predator?
vender section of the forum. His company is called Focus Power. My opinion would be if you are strictly looking for power, a real cold air intake, exhaust and tune, im sure you could find a used intake and exhaust for alot cheaper than new. If you want over all performance then a tune and a great set of tires would go a long way.

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
And I was thinking maybe something exhaust but not sure what?
The only gains to be had with an aftermarket exhaust is sound.
Power gains are minimal at best on a NA engine.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
except for a highflow cat. sure woke mine up :)

·
Registered
404 Posts
did I hear right that Hypill's exaust set up for the SVT actually has some gains in power? That is if you can get in touch with him.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I went with Tom's Tune (Predator Diablo) and am very satisfied. It adds a noticeable difference in mid-range torque.

Performance tires are definitely something you want to keep on the FSVT. [thumb]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts