Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put a trubendz 2.5" borla exhaust on my foucs. I am very happy with the sound and performance of it. Now my big question is what to do next, a chip, a CAI, or a header? any seggestions?

·
Registered
697 Posts
HEADER

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
Depends on how much you have to spend and what route you want to take. A header would be nice and depending on if you go with a race header or shorty header I would finish out your exhaust with the hi-flo cat (if you go shorty header) and flex pipe then intake and TB.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
well i guess nobody on this site likes the aem cai.I love it.All i here about is eather the volant or ice man.Like there salesmen or somthing

·
Registered
291 Posts
Id go with a header and flex pipe...Off road if you can deall with the inconvience of takin it off every year or have hook ups or one of your choice with a high flow cat.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
slammedfoci said:
well i guess nobody on this site likes the aem cai.I love it.All i here about is eather the volant or ice man.Like there salesmen or somthing
The reason why no one suggest the AEM is becuz it relocates the filter and the placement makes it to where if you dunk it in a puddle you can say bye bye to your engine.
There was a lot of discussion about this on the old forum.

·
Registered
228 Posts
CAI and header would be great. Do you have emissions requirements where you are? Do you plan for a high flow cat + shorty header or a race header? Do a search on intakes and see what you think.

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
If you haven't already, get a better flex pipe. A hiflow cat would be next. Then the header/intake/tb/udp. Either way, all of these mods are in your future....enjoy!

·
Registered
525 Posts
does anyone know of a government site (or any for that matter) that covers the emissions requirements of various states?

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
you would be best if you did the header and cat at the same time if you are doing a shorty header and high flow cat

·
Registered
697 Posts
see majorty agrees with me lol

header will be worth it trust me.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think I'm going to do a shorty headder and a High flow cat just to avoid problems with emissions problems. And then also doing a new flex pipe with a iceman intake would anybody happen to know with those mods how much HP should I be looking at

·
Registered
697 Posts
5-10? maybe 15 at most

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
i went down .3 secs in the 1/8 i think when i added my header and cat

1 - 17 of 17 Posts