Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help for my next performace mod.

I have the MAC shorty air intake, JBA Street headers, Magnaflow cat back, and 65mm TB. My low end power is terriable i get wiped from the line. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
688 Posts
ahh ok, yea get the udp, they cheap. around $140.00. and after that. u could get cam gears, unless u gonna get a SC or turbo, then get the SC or turbo, then cam gears and tuning

·
Registered
62 Posts
2pc udp $110-120.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
dont get cam gears yet, finish ur exhaust first... with more free flowing exhaust you'll get more torque and your whole power band will shift to be peakier, and more low end. you'll have somewhat of a dead spot in the mid range but thats what cams, cam gears, and a chip will fix for ya.

·
Registered
845 Posts
I have similar mods, and my low end power isn't too bad. My gripe is that I have to get used to driving my car again. This 65mm TB revs my engine so fast that it's hard to start in 1st at lower rpms than 3k. This is gonna wear me out in bumper/bumper traffic everyday! (but it is fun [thumb] ) I just need to get use to going lighter on the pedal. but then I'll have to go even lighter when I get my cams and cam gears...doing these mods is like getting a new car...I love it!!!

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
lol fishin u'll get used to it. my tires still chirp when i turn from a stop sometimes and cross a gutter.

diablo would be the chip to get, u can get it with 3 custom burns so you can alternate depending on your usage. id def get UDP then cams and cam gears. if u are getting the cams then tell diablo and they can raise ur idle for u too.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
another set of foglights would fit in there fine. a lot of people have swapped the stockers out for some PIAA's or something.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts