Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have AEM intake and Borla exhaust:

Should my next mod be:

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
Neither or BOTH. When you put on a race header you'll want to get an aftermarket flex pipe to complete the exhaust properly. Putting on JUST a flex pipe doesn't yield any real gains without a header to compliment it.

I'd put on a FC 65mm TB or a UDP before either of the choices above unless you want to get both of them together.

PS - I didn't vote cause I don't agree with picking just one of those.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
S2 said:
Neither or BOTH. When you put on a race header you'll want to get an aftermarket flex pipe to complete the exhaust properly. Putting on JUST a flex pipe doesn't yield any real gains without a header to compliment it.

I'd put on a FC 65mm TB or a UDP before either of the choices above unless you want to get both of them together.

PS - I didn't vote cause I don't agree with picking just one of those.
I can get both. Or one this week and one next week and then install them at the same time.

My exhaust is 2.5" what size flex would you suggest? I also know that the OBX race headers end at 2.25"

·
Registered
152 Posts
doesn't focus sport sell there header and flex for cheaper if you buy them togehter? That's what I did

·
Livin' it up in Cali
2,005 Posts
Deff buy both at the same time.......I mean the flex pipe isn't that expensive anywayz.

·
Registered
152 Posts
have you had good luck with your FC header? I know they used to have serious problems with them cracking all over. A guy her in minnesota had his split in half, But that was a long time ago.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My header will be OBX. That's decided.

As far as the OBX headers thread goes:

Dead Horse = Beat.

·
2focusedracing
1,799 Posts
if i had to choose one of the two I'd say header, i took off the heat shield and man that manif. is not a pretty sight......but It does make obvious sence to get both for flow reasons..supose it depends on your budget, i've gotta wait a month to get my flex.. & another mo. to get my cat back......so sad!...but can't miss autocrossing!

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Get them both. Focussport , Focus-Central or OBX make the best race headers for the focus.

·
Registered
280 Posts
for your answer plain and simple header...but.... i would say get them both if you can, the OBX 4-2-1 race header is what i have its a very nice header sounds nice, welds are very nice, the price i payed shipped was 187 if i remember correctly, they price of some headers is a bit higher than that so you could get the OBX and a flex pipe for around $100 and you would still be around what some headers cost alone.
if you could, get them both IMO you would like the results better

1 - 17 of 17 Posts