Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
The current RenaultSport Megane RS does have a torsion beam, and still manages to handle amazingly. But like you said, the Golf Mk7 with non IRS shudders and jolts over imperfections in the road in a way that the IRS doesn't.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
The current RenaultSport Megane RS does have a torsion beam, and still manages to handle amazingly. But like you said, the Golf Mk7 with non IRS shudders and jolts over imperfections in the road in a way that the IRS doesn't.
Once you taste it, you don't want to go backwards......

·
Registered
5,899 Posts
No biggie to me as my current Focus is my first and will be the last Focus I own and I plan on keeping it a while anyway. If I didn't have the Focus I'd probably be in a Mazda3 hatch.
My next vehicle will be a 5th gen Toyota 4Runner Trail edition.

·
Registered
244 Posts
If the DCT problem had been fixed right the FIRST time without multiple clutch revisions then this generation Ford would have been VERY popular. Low sales must be driving this decontenting. Who knew the DCT would lead to this.
The DCT issues have certainly hit very hard in North America and especially here in Australia, where Ford barely manage to sell 800 a month. And all of this considering that the C-segment is the largest one by volume here, shows just how few people want to buy one. This is still happening even with the DCT issues solved. We even get a smooth torque converter now with a 185hp 1.5 EcoBoost and still the lingering perception of unreliability turns a lot of people off.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
No biggie to me as my current Focus is my first and will be the last Focus I own and I plan on keeping it a while anyway. If I didn't have the Focus I'd probably be in a Mazda3 hatch.
My next vehicle will be a 5th gen Toyota 4Runner Trail edition.
That'd work= Mazda3 hatch.....Have a look at a JKU + Jeep is coming out w/ a short p/u version also,,,,yea IK their deleting the fold down windshield.....

·
Registered
5,899 Posts
That'd work= Mazda3 hatch.....Have a look at a JKU + Jeep is coming out w/ a short p/u version also,,,,yea IK their deleting the fold down windshield.....
I don't do Jeeps since I like reliability.
The Wranglers are solid and kick ass off road but on-road they remind you why they kick ass off road and that's not good.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The window to buy a great handling, fun to drive, affordable car is closing. Sad. Buy a 2017 Ford Focus if you are considering a new car.

·
__________/\__
2,183 Posts
The Wranglers are solid and kick ass off road but on-road they remind you why they kick ass off road and that's not good.
Years ago, I took a 600 mile road trip in a CJ7. It was the most brutal experience of my life. Horrible punishing ride, loud tires and it had a V8 so you could literally watch the fuel gauge dropping like stone at highway speeds.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
Years ago, I took a 600 mile road trip in a CJ7. It was the most brutal experience of my life. Horrible punishing ride, loud tires and it had a V8 so you could literally watch the fuel gauge dropping like stone at highway speeds.
Yea w/ leaf springs, try a tj or better yet a yku & make it a '12+ for the 36 vs the mini van 38.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Interesting... well I enjoy my suspension now! I hope they fix the way the lower trim facelifted Focuses look. I can't help but think they look too much like the electric Focus which in my opinion isn't as nice as the first mk3 Focus bumpers (Maybe I'm biased ;) ).

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I'm seeing the latest Foci here and there and while I do like the headlamps,the grill/nose looks like a Fiesta and a Fusion had a baby;it did lose a bit of it's identity with the homogenized look.
Lower drag coefficient. Could account for the design.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
138 Posts
I'm seeing the latest Foci here and there and while I do like the headlamps,the grill/nose looks like a Fiesta and a Fusion had a baby;it did lose a bit of it's identity with the homogenized look.
You captured it perfectly. Yes! It looks just like the Fusion... but car companies are starting to do that. Just look up the Mazda 3 and Mazda 6... no matter how many times I look at those I find it difficult to tell them apart. LOL

21 - 36 of 36 Posts