Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Thanks for the link :)

I don't expect to see a recall on these, but this might help grease the wheels to getting new clutches from Ford with less hassle.

Not being offered a rental from the dealership is the only reason I haven't taken my 2015 in yet. I might give them a call this week and see what they say about rentals if my clutch need replacing...

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
there was once a time when some members felt that this issue didn't affect a significant amount of production. But as 2012 became 2013 and 2013 became 2014, the posts here mounted and mounted.
In contrast to how focus owners have been treated, I have a new F150 and the dealer pro-actively called me about a recall and on my GTI they said they saw one that needed to be done.
Sadly, the focus tranny issues are not a recall, why I don't know.

·
Old Phart
44,595 Posts
The downside to a recall is that it's a one time fix, once done that's it after an agreement is reached on what to do.

These would be a problem as we're now in the second set of seals and about the third/fourth clutch pack plus innumerable software updates.

This fall we're into a fresh clutch pack as used on the later 2016 versions, again supposed to be the magic fix - we'll see.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I couldn't take it anymore. The stress, the shuddering, the worrying about how much it was going to cost me in the future as I crept up on 100k. Everything was great, except for the transmission. What a shame.

My last 4 vehicles have all been Fords, and I've always spoken highly of the brand to friends and colleagues alike, but as of last week I am no longer a Ford owner and most likely will never be again. Yes, I took a loss, but for me it was worth it to be rid of that nightmare. My 2012 Focus left a sour taste in my mouth.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts