Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my engine bay looks wikked now and purrs like a kitten(w/ a megaphone) i wanted to thank b16sir1991 for the zip tie loom idea makes everything look sharp! oh and the third pik is of a car i saw in the parking lot 80's VW golf w/ a Chameleon paint job! it was great!

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it's not dirrrty that's ummm just the lighting... yea that's right... lighting.

ANywho! i definatly recommend getting one, they are pretty easy to install, the improved throttle response and idle is well worth it (mostly because my stock coil was going bad so my car felt like dog poo anyway!

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Dont waste money on that shit..... do a search you'll see just how many people have gotten rid of there's because they are NO better than stock... sometimes even worse.

·
Capt. Urn
5,491 Posts
Dont waste money on that shit..... do a search you'll see just how many people have gotten rid of there's because they are NO better than stock... sometimes even worse.
actually, this mod smooths out the rough idle of the SPI engine. so while it may have no noticeable hp increase, this "shit" is better then stock.

thanks for playing though. have a nice day.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
anywho my guy, i really just ordered it to smooth the rough idle which gets on my damn nerves... and the coil has improved gas mileage already and judging from the amount i drive, it will pay for itself in 5 months. PLUS the wires ARE FREAKIN BLUE! I LOVE BLUE!

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I'm with OrangeSVT03 on this one. I had two SD coils and have since reverted back to stock.

BTW, don't jump his shit. He's a good guy and knows what he's talking about. Show some respect. I know him personally and value his information. As should you.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Its not the MOD that smooths out the idle its the increased gap of the plugs....but I guess you already new that [rolleyes]

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well my apologies if i came off as jumping his shit, all im saying is that i only know what i see. so if the smoother idle is due to the wider gap so be it, but as far as i am aware you can't gap the plugs that much w/ stock wires/coils can you?

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
for me it helped the idle a LIL bit but not much and yea new wires always look cool, mine are red, and my looms i did where straight across, ill see if i can get a pic of them

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
well my apologies if i came off as jumping his shit, all im saying is that i only know what i see. so if the smoother idle is due to the wider gap so be it, but as far as i am aware you can't gap the plugs that much w/ stock wires/coils can you?

No Problem.

Actually you can run stock plugs, stock coil and a set of FRPP wires ( or what ever good brand you like) and easily run a .060 gap.

From what I've learned the stock coil is good for around 36-38k volts maybe just a tad more. The MSD is good for 40k and the ACCEL coil is good for 42k volts.... I personally know several guys running over 300whp on the stock coil and a couple of over 500whp.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
^^ I wish I had known that before I put in an SD.

It wasn't the cheapest way to go but the results were still good. For me the 3+ extra MPG was worth the price of the coil and wires. Still would have been better with just the wires and plugs on a stock coil though.....

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
ok your post was pointless. it has ntohing to do with anything

1 - 17 of 17 Posts