Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got some Westin driving lights off eBay and got them installed today. They currently point outwards a bit which was going to be fixed using wedge type spacers, but they work so good as is that I might leave them. If anyone is interested I could probably try to get a good shot of the "beam" these give off.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
that's different, to each his own man, I got your back though, keep up with your individuality

·
Registered
797 Posts
humm... at first glance I thought u were crazy but now at closer inspection........I like them..good job keep it original...jmeb

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
to each his own. as a foci owner i will stand behind ya and not leave you out. its odd. but i think it would be perfect for mountain driving. which i love.

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
ill repeat....to each his own. hope those things dont shake violently in the wind. the kind of wind that is generated when your car goes above 5mph. to each his own though

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did no drilling to the grille. I originally planned this from a "safety" standpoint. After my trip to Anaheim with the FJ group where we went for a quick canyon "cruise" I realized my headlights suck, and when I saw one of the new Mini Coopers with the driving lights, I thought why not? I really like it and with most pictures it really does look better in person.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
oooo i like that...seriously i think it has a WRC kinda look to it.

·
/fail
3,193 Posts
um dude i hope u still have the recipts for them there lights thats hideous looking.............but if you like it thats all that matter

·
I don't care
8,446 Posts
I like it too, though I agree with Greg...I think they'd look better set back somewhat, but that's just my opinion. I've always loved the Mini with the lights, or older Celica All-tracs, or Mazda 323 AWDs..seen a lot of them with that style of driving light.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks for the comments guys, heres some shots of the beam.

driving lights only

lows only

fog lights and low beams

Fogs, lows and driving lights

fog lights and high beams

Highs and driving lights

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Function has it's own aesthetics. If it works well, often to my eye, it will look good. After seeing the throw pattern of these lights, and having done a bit of 2 lane twistie and mountain driving myself, I am digging your new lights. Putting them behind the grill will cut down on the amoung of useable light.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts