Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at getting a foci for a long time now and while i was in AIT for the ARMY, i was on base and i found a nice ZX3 on a used parking lot, it was about a month ago, and i talked to the guy, and i am going to test drive it Monday, most likely i am going to buy it. Anyways, i wanted to list the things that it had already done to it and see if i was getting my money worth.

2001 Ford Focus ZX3
Aerocharger Turbo
Borla Exhaust
Einbach suspension
JBA Headers
Custom chip (I saw a JET perfocmance module under the sterring wheel)
Rear SpilerB&M short throw shifter
16" rims with yokahama rubbers
He said that it was dyno tuned (no idea why)
33,000 miles

i talked the guy down to 9g. I hope that i am getting a good car. BTW, what is the deal with dyno tuning a car? is that not really nessasary?? im not sure.

also it is white with red wavy stripes and blue stars on top, kind of a patriotic thing i guess, ill post pics when i get them.[thumb]

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
well it doesnt sound too bad at all. i dont know about the color but people have their own taste. to me it sounds fine and the miles are not all that bad but thats my opinion

·
Focus Enthusiast
365 Posts
sounds like that special focus like in fast and the furious, the one in the background when they go to that performance shop in their new evo's and spiders. my friend has that movie and i always make him pause it and focus (no pun intended) in on it so i can see it. and yes, it is a very good deal, i paid 7 for mine and it had nothing done to it.

·
Broken cars s[:)][:)][:)] :(
18,832 Posts
go for it :) at least u already got mostly everything done to it so u don't have to work on it that much...awesome!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Id run a CarFax if you got the cash, and if the owner will let you, have a mechanic that you trust look it over, then jump on that mo fo[:D]

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
he already has the turbo on it. what were the dyno #s? dyno tuning is just when they tune it on the dyno ie chip flashing, cam timing, and whatnot to see what makes the best power so u get the most out of the set up. see what injectors he is running too, also if he has adj cam gears, and if its intercooled

1 - 9 of 9 Posts