Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey what's up all....I'm brand new to this forum, and I thought I'd introduce myself....

My name's Adam, I live in Fairfax VA, a freshman at George Mason University, and I will be owning a Focus soon....Just want to get peep the focus scene and learn all I can...

I've been in the "import scene" for several years now, my first car was a 98 Honda Civic which I modded quite a bit but then sold because it was too slow...Then I bought an 88 Camaro with a 350hp/400lbs torque 350 crate engine but am trying to sell it because it's a piece of GM crap and gets horrible gas mileage....Though it is fun to drive....when it runs....which is hardly ever....

I've been looking into what kind of car I want next, and the focus def seems like the car I'm looking for: affordable, fun, modable, and a hatchback....Once my parents settle all their divorce stuff I'll be able to pick up one, and I'm going to try to get a white, 2000ish, zx3 5spd....

anywho, juss wanted to say what's up to everyone! pc

adam

·
*~*
13,045 Posts
Welcome!! Hope u enjoy it here. Sometimes it's pleasant and sometimes it's rowdy and rude, but don't sweat it. We r cool.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Welcome aboard, be careful with early foci, being that there were many recalls in its younger years. However you did come to the right place to learn about ur car. I might suggest looking at 03 2.3L Foci (PZEV) as well as SVT's, some may be more affordable then you think. But each is to their own and enjoy your stay.

·
Registered
990 Posts
[drinking] [drinking] [welcome] [welcome] [welcome]

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Welcome Definatly test drive the focus before you drive it if your going from a 350hp camaro to a focus the accelaration is gonna be a quiet abit different I would definatly go with the SVT if you can affoard it they actually have some very good prices you can get it for

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Welcome aboard. You gotta get it before the Skyline meet so tyou can come cruise with us. Check us out on the Regional Forum in the North East

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
welcome. what is it with everyone poppin up in the NoVa area... AFTER I MOVE!?!? ha ha. welcome to the boards.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
SVT Focus has 170hp btw

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
jisturm said:
Welcome aboard. You gotta get it before the Skyline meet so tyou can come cruise with us. Check us out on the Regional Forum in the North East
Yeah what he said.[:D]

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks guys/gals....i'll be happy just to have a zx3, even if it is slow....right now i have to bum rides b/c the camaro fried its rear diff....that piece....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts