Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
said my greetings now ready to get wrenching. Just bought a 07 and it vibrates like crazy.was told right side motor mount by previous owner.Should I buy this from dealer or get it from oriellys, etc ? Also theres a lot of oily build up on top of engine and the hoses that run along back of firewall. Power steering area also looks very oily.would like some heads up advice on problem areas and any recommendations on preventive maintenance.Car has 111000 mile and sounds quiet. Timing belt has yet to be changed also. Would this be considered a interference engine? Will be several months before I tackle the timing belt.Am I safe you think? thanks in advance for all replies.[thankyou]

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Welcome to FF. The dtech uses a chain to drive the cams & oil pump, so no worry there. For the psm, I'd for sure use a ford/motorcraft mount only. Could be you'll need to replace your high pressure hose for the p/s. Do a plugs, gas filter & a airfilter. For the airfilter, you'll have to switch out the whole system.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Good list^^^.

Given the location, might not have a PZEV version with the "lifetime" (100,000 plus in normal use) filter. If it IS one of those, there is a restriction indicator to be found on the tubing to the air cleaner (lower left of "airbox" you see under the hood when facing the car). Not in the red is still useable.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
never heard of a lifetime air filter. I thought the cat was just giving a newbie a hard time., all in good fun of course. The timing chain is a nice discovery. I pick up car this afternoon. will no more later today.What are the plastic hoses and canister box that run along the firewall.I noticed in photos of other focuses a shield covering these hoses. There is no shield on mine and the hoses are covered in a oily dusty build up leading me to believe a leak somewhere.I will be purchasing a Haynes manual later this week.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Description sounds like components of the fuel vapor recovery system to me, under hood areas might have been sprayed down in the past collecting dust.

Mine's got the "lifetime" setup, many replace with something cheaper when it's time. There's a replaceable filter box avail. that should fit your model, and a number of "Performance" options from intake replacement to just using existing parts with an aftermarket "cone" filter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts