Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a part time job as a valet in nashville, tn. I had the pleasure of parking a focus svt a few weeks ago and have wanted one since. I did talk to the owner at length, and, since my daily driver has crapped out, I'm in the market for a new to me car. I've looked high and low for a mostly stock focus svt with under 100k and under 7,000 near middle tennessee. I know I'm looking for a needle in a haystack, but they are out there. If anyone out there can point me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated.

Wanting to join the club,

Richard ([email protected])

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have exhausted all online searches and was hoping focus enthusiasts could point me to a lesser known way of tracking down a diamond in the rough. All the ones available near middle Tennessee are very high mileage or priced beyond my budget.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
I have exhausted all online searches and was hoping focus enthusiasts could point me to a lesser known way of tracking down a diamond in the rough. All the ones available near middle Tennessee are very high mileage or priced beyond my budget.
You have a cool car thou= '77 TA. Have you looked on this forum? Don't forget about shipping either. What kind of condition is your ta in?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The trans am is in better shape than most but definitely not perfect. It's mechanically sound, has a 400 big block, black with all the decals, and 83,000 original miles. It's got the standard rust behind the rear wheels, but isn't bad yet. It's been my weekend car for 15 years and I've had to drive it everyday for 2 weeks because my daily driver is down. I would drive it everyday, but it only gets 15mpg on the highway and my round trip to work is 80 miles per day.

I've checked the forum and have seen some really sharp ones that fit my criteria, but I'm hesitant to buy a vehicle sight unseen. If you know of any good ones available, point them in my direction.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Welcome!

Is the T/A an automatic or a stick?

Reason I ask, a friend of mine from school days had a '71 formula 400 4 spd.. When the rear end went he got a J/Y rear end from an automatic. With that ratio 1st was a bit high, but it loped along at about 1,000 rpm @ 55 so it got 25mpg on the hwy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts