Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to say 'hi' from the UK as I've just joined your forum. I'll be getting my Mk3 in sept, it'll be a Titanium X in Candy Red, with Xenons and led daytime running lights, appearance pack(privacy rear windows + keyless entry), and 18" 5 spoke alloys wheels. The car I'm leaving is a 2008 Mk4 Mondeo 2.0l diesel that's been remapped, going to miss that car as it had so much grunt however I needed something a bit smaller.
Hopefully I can be a 'go between' our countries as there are differences in the Foci's....
Cheers,
Chris

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
Welcome from across the big pond.[welcome]

·
Registered
138 Posts
Welcome! I hope you like your new Focus as much as I like mine. As for the Mondeo...I'm a big Top Gear fan and get the impression that every other person in the UK owns one.

I also get the impression from watching Top Gear that everyone in England thinks most Americans are fat pigs. Which is true, by the way.

·
Premium Member
8,343 Posts
we are fat

·
Pimp'n ain't easy
11,215 Posts
I'm not... But I'm sure it'll happen one day. And awesome that you offer to be a go between guy. Welcome

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
Wow, I never saw this thread going where it did. lol

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow, I never saw this thread going where it did. lol
Hi, me neither, however I guess you all know what you are [joke] There aren't so many of the Mk4's on the road here in the uk, however here is a couple of pictures of mine just so you all know what you've been missing and a little view of the seaside town I live in:

Chris

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
^^ You just had to rub it in that we don't have the Mondeo. Lol.

Love your car, though, and it looks great in those pictures. Nice town too. You got any good driving roads around there? I hear UK has some great roads to offer. Someday I would love to fly over, rent a good car, and go driving for a month in Europe. Hey, maybe you'll let me borrow your car. lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
lovely car, the color completes it!
I'm new here as well so thought I'd jump in on this big bonanza of hello's,

I drive a dark blue ford focus, might not post a picture now I've seen this baby ha ha

see you all around

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
^^ You just had to rub it in that we don't have the Mondeo. Lol.

Love your car, though, and it looks great in those pictures. Nice town too. You got any good driving roads around there? I hear UK has some great roads to offer. Someday I would love to fly over, rent a good car, and go driving for a month in Europe. Hey, maybe you'll let me borrow your car. lol
Hi, thank you, there are some good roads however we are blighted by speed camera's and the fact there are too many cars. But, the A57 Snake Pass in Derbyshire is good for undulating corners, if you go north to Yorkshire you'll aways find a excellent road across the Pennines, Holme Moss through Holmfirth is brilliant for one and I've had many a thrash through there, even in the snow. The north of england is much better because there are less cars per person but there is Scotland and Wales to consider as well.
Where I live in Hastings is a nice town but there are again too many people for my liking. Once a month I take my car for it's dpf burn out over to Rye, only takes about 20 m ins there and back but I can hit around 100mph, but hey don't tell anyone. [:)]
Chris

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
Yeah, I'm not much for other people either. They are always getting in the way. lol

And your secret is safe here, we do a lot of things off the record.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts