Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning folks. Thought I would join to hopefully contribute and gain some knowledge on the car.
Basics: 2001 Focus ST Hatchback
We race Lemons and have been doing that for 6 years in two different cars. Sold our celica but continue to run our little focus.
We need more power and are looking at doing a comp cam with a tune. Wanted to see what everyone thought of the cams and what else is required:lifters, springs etc. Any preferred brand? What kind of improvement can we expect out of our little car.
Thanks
Mods:
Engine bay:
Glass pack exhaust off heat wrapped custom header, lightweight fly wheel, racing clutch all non essential equipment removed.
Exterior:
Ken Block inspired racing scheme, big a$$ wings
Suspension:
Eibach struts and sport springs, Eibach sway bars
Brakes:
Complete SSBC big brake upgrade front and rear with interior adjustment. Custom made billet hubs as our old ones constantly sheared.
Interior:
Stripped out interior, custom roll cage, Sparco Racing seat and harness, Cool suit cooling system, battery relocation to the rear.

Overall it's a great little car, looking for additional performance upgrade not including turbo. Will post in performance section
[/IMG]

[/IMG]

·
Super Moderator
8,951 Posts
Most common one is comp cams stage 3 iirc they are drop in and need a custom tune.
You can look in the zetec performance section on motor related performance q's

Sent from a man with a broken focus

·
Super Moderator
8,951 Posts
I don't believe so, I can try and get those magical lift numbers where you need a new set of springs and such. I'll have to dig through old posts when i find the time.

Comp cams have a ton of duration and low lift... That's why they are drop in.

Sent from a man with a broken focus

·
Super Moderator
8,951 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts