Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently my family mech. told me that the 5w30 oil that ford recamends for the zetec wouldn't perform as well as 10w30 weight oil down here in the Florida heat. I was wondering what type/weight of oil would do best for my no mod car.

Question two. I'm looking into getting an intake but I'm not sure what kind to get. What's the difference between the short and long tube intakes? I am looking forward to getting other mods latter on if that also is an aspect in the difference.

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
I would stick with the oil recommended by Ford unless there are some extreme circumstances such as towing or such involved. I don't believe you will find much if any performance difference between the two, if in doubt I would swing into your local Ford dealership and ask them what they are using.

Volant is the intake of choice for most of the members here. I believe there is a thread
(sticky) in the Ford Focus General car chat section labeled "so you want to but an intake" which explains briefly each intake option, the pro's and cons, check it out, I believe you will find it helpful.

Also, welcome to the forum[welcome]

·
Registered
380 Posts
10w30 should be fine.. ive used it, but ive also used synthetic oil... i had no problems w/ my car and notice no diff between 10w or 5w.

·
Registered
241 Posts
The diffence between 5W-30 and 10W-30 is the winter weight (5W,10W). The 30 is what you would be looking at once the car is heated up, or summer heat. Depending on what year your car is, depends on what Ford wants you to use, 2003 says 5W-20. Some users on this sight have a couple of reasons they believe Ford has went 5W-20. 1. Fuel economy 2. Closer/tighter engine specifications. I tend to believe fuel economy! Good luck with what ever you decide to use.

·
Registered
263 Posts
what do u use????

what kind of oil do you all use??? i mean, like motorcraft, pennzoil, etc. i am just wondering. i stick with motorcraft but my father-in-law is always using any kine oil and i am just wondering if that is bad? do u stick to just one brand or use any one that is cheaper?

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I use mobile one synthetic 5w 30. I know mine says 5w 20 but it's hard to find and I have found that alot of people use the 5w 30. I know this has been hashed through a couple of times

1 - 13 of 13 Posts