Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do you have to turn off the traction control everytime the car is started? or is there a way to re-set the defaults. can't find much info in my manual.[?]

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
IIRC that's the PITA answer, I'll throw this into the MkIII section for more replies.

Welcome to FF!

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
do you have to turn off the traction control everytime the car is started?
You don't have to turn it off, but if you do want to turn it off, you must do it every time you start your car.

It's normal for any safety related system to be on by default.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
You don't have to turn it off, but if you do want to turn it off, you must do it every time you start your car.

It's normal for any safety related system to be on by default.
In the winter when you go up hill by few degrees and there's 3 inch of snow, you do not want this feature on haha... car almost died on me last winter and wasn't able to go up hill (hill is about 2 meter high...).

However, I agree this is a safety feature, but, we should have a button to disable this. Having to go in the menu is no good when it's a matter of seconds.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
In the winter when you go up hill by few degrees and there's 3 inch of snow, you do not want this feature on haha... car almost died on me last winter and wasn't able to go up hill (hill is about 2 meter high...).

However, I agree this is a safety feature, but, we should have a button to disable this. Having to go in the menu is no good when it's a matter of seconds.
Snow? What is that?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts