Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok first of all i just want to say im a newbie with my ford. I've always had hondas and know what to do with them. My car is a 2000 SE 2.0 Zetec. So here are my questions

Oil- What kind of oil can i use to enhance performance?

Shocks and Struts - Best ones for my car

Springs - The best racing springs i can find that are about an 1 in 1/4 drop or 1/2. I dont want adjustable springs though.

Short Ram or Cold Air which is better and what are the best ones for focuses

And is there a reason why i should keep the piping with that big box hangin behind the muffler or is that the muffler? Anyways can anyone help me out thanks.

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
A full syntetic is the best for most cars as far as oils. I either run Motorcraft (fords brand) or Royal Purple. It just depends on how nice people are when they tip me at work. Eibach and Ford Racing/Steeda are some of the most popular springs and shock people. Others will chime in with more brands. Short ram is nice since you live in colorado and get cold mountain air, but in the summer it bogs out from the amount of heat from the outside temp and how hot your engine is. Cold Air is good, but you run the risk of hydrolocking your motor. SO what most people will say is get a volant/pipercross CAI/SRI. Theyre the best of both worlds because the filters are still fully enclosed and in the engine bay, but they suck cold air from the tubing running down to where ever it goes.

·
Boosted
2,814 Posts
oil- i use mobil 1 5w-30
shocks/struts/springs-eibach pro-kit(has both)
intake-volant, pipercross, FS cool-flow
and as for the exhaust, u'd be well to get a cat-back...the rear lunch box looking things are mufflers...the cat is just under the header in the front of the car(basically still in the engine bay, so a good cat-back will be good.
i recommend MBRP of price and SS, or Borla for sound and quality

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Wolfpack said:
Ok first of all i just want to say im a newbie with my ford. I've always had hondas and know what to do with them. My car is a 2000 SE 2.0 Zetec. So here are my questions

Oil- What kind of oil can i use to enhance performance?

Shocks and Struts - Best ones for my car

Springs - The best racing springs i can find that are about an 1 in 1/4 drop or 1/2. I dont want adjustable springs though.

Short Ram or Cold Air which is better and what are the best ones for focuses

And is there a reason why i should keep the piping with that big box hangin behind the muffler or is that the muffler? Anyways can anyone help me out thanks.
i run castrol syntec i used to run royal purple which are bothe full synthetic oils. Any full synthetic oil is good.

the best shocks and struts would be kyb agx`s they are adjustable and relatively cheap.

springs i would go with eibach the pro kit settels at about 2 in

cold air intake is best builds most hp and tq i would prefer aem i run the aem cai and i love it.

I would suggest a cat back exhaust i dont know your money situation but i would suggest a thermal r&d i am partial to mine. an exhaust can cost anywere from 250-600 depending on the brand.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts