Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the forums here, but I've owned my Focus (2002, Pitch Black SE) for a year and a half.

I've been looking into doing a few small aesthetic mods to it, especially the head lights.

I've read a bit about the Xenon HIDs but I haven't been able to find a strait, simple answer to the question I have.

Here's what I'd like - a long-lasting, blue-tinted 9003 HID for my headlights. Nothing's wrong with the stock parts, I just want to try out a few new things. I don't really want to buy new bulbs each year, if I can avoid it. Although, that probably wouldn't be much of a problem if they're inexpensive. It also needs to work with the stock wiring and sure not to fry anything.

I've seen prices ranged from $10 a pair to $50 and more. What's the difference, when they seem to be the same type of head lamp?

I'm a complete newbie at any sort of car moding, so any advice you can give me would be helpful.

Thanks. [:)]

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
ok your talking about bulbs.. i thought you were talking about the actual h.i.d that runs abuot 300 dollars..

well the difference between 10 and 50 for the bulbs is who makes them and how long they last.

the higher the K number the bluer they are. i have found to be happy with the eurolite brand... havent burnt out on me for over a year and half.. run about 20-30 dollars a pair, and wont burn the stock wiring harness.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry I wasn't specific. THe Eurolites are actually the ones I was looking at. Thanks for the reply. [cool]

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those are the two colors I need. Blue for my Focus and my wife has an amethyst-colored Honda Civic which she wants purple bulbs for. Should work out nicely. [:)]

·
Registered
60 Posts
I am selling a set of the Sylvania SilverStar bulbs for the focus. Price is $20 for the set + shipping. These are the closest HID look alike bulb out right now. These bulbs retail much higher.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts