Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm Vic. I recently bought a 2005 Focus ZX4 SES from a neighbor. It's a blue four door and I enjoy driving it. It's getting around 18 mpg which I've learned on here is poor for this car. I'm retired and live in an apartment so I'm not able to do my own work. So I'll have to take it to my mechanic to check the plugs, gas filter, etc. Glad to be here with a source of information about my car.

· Registered
356 Posts
Hello, I'm Vic. I recently bought a 2005 Focus ZX4 SES from a neighbor. It's a blue four door and I enjoy driving it. It's getting around 18 mpg which I've learned on here is poor for this car. I'm retired and live in an apartment so I'm not able to do my own work. So I'll have to take it to my mechanic to check the plugs, gas filter, etc. Glad to be here with a source of information about my car.
Nice! Welcome, fellow Hoosier. 18MPG is pretty low, sounds like something is going on. A good tune up is a good place to start. It might be something to have someone look at. It would be interesting to know what the fuel trims look like.

If you mat the gas while moving, does it black smoke at all?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts